Shift kits?

07GtS197

Reaction score
There’s much more info on the j mod out there but I digress. Here’s a link to tccoa where someone asks about the trans go shift kit and someone quotes Jerry W. (The creator of the J mod and Ford engineer) about why he doesn’t like it. See post #15.

At the end of the day it’s your car you can do as you please but we’re trying to steer you in a tried and true direction.

OP
OP
O

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Started installing the TransGo yesterday. Had trouble getting the snap ring on the 2nd accumulator so went today and bought the heavy duty ChannelLock snap ring pliers and got it first try with those. Pulled the accumulator and it's still the aluminum one. They recommend swapping it for the steel one so gonna look and see how soon I can get one. The trans was rebuilt a few years ago so assumed it would have already been upgraded but it wasn't. All that's left is to replace that accumulator with upgraded springs and install valve body and pan then add fluid. There is a cruise Tuesday that we were going to go to if weather cooperated but looks like we will miss that cruise if I have to wait for the new part. Doubt a dealer would have it in stock?

OP
OP
O

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Also, pulled the 1-2 accumulator and there was no spring on top of the accumulator, just one between the cap and the accumulator. Think when it was rebuilt they did a few mods but not much. Plate was not drilled

Wmac

Reaction score
The chart I have indicates no upper spring for the top of the 1/2 accumulator on any 94/95 aode. Only a bottom (purple) spring as OE.
Snap ring for the 2/3 accumulator? Only a friction fit cover on mine.

OP
OP
O

optionizerSS

Reaction score
The chart I have indicates no upper spring for the top of the 1/2 accumulator on any 94/95 aode. Only a bottom (purple) spring as OE.
Snap ring for the 2/3 accumulator? Only a friction fit cover on mine.
Sounds good
If I said 2-3 accumulator then my mistake. Meant the 1-2. Mine had a white spring in it. I know it was rebuilt a few years ago but it was by 'ABC' transmissions...lol. Like one of those Maaco places I think but it was working fine

Wmac

Reaction score
FYI, TSB 97-11-11 has a chart for the 1/2 accumulator spring usage from 92 to 97.

Correction,my comment above was in regards to the 94/95 Mustangs. Looks like the 94/95 F150 and Econoline had the upper white spring.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online