Shifter handle debate.

Goldmember

Reaction score
This debate is slanted old-school. Pro 5.0, Tri-Ax, rigged stock handle, I've tried all three and I'm not totally satisfied.

So I want to try something different and need opinions if you have had:

-the tall, chrome Hurst handle (always liked the look)
-the UPR Rock Crusher

I have had the Rock Crusher before, but in my '97. Since '97s just had the ash tray in the middle of the console, I didn't care that the lever sat so low in Second and Fourth. In my '04 I think it'll interfere with the first cupholder.

I don't believe the Hurst would, it's a little more upright.

Will the Hurst handle bolt to a Pro 5.0 base? In pictures I can't tell and before I drop $75 on the handle/ball I want to see if anyone's done it before.

Any and all opinions as long as they're about these two handles. I don't want a shifter debate in general.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Hurst. u want me too mail it to you do you can test fit it and mail it back?

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
I have the Hurst. u want me too mail it to you do you can test fit it and mail it back?

Dude that would be awesome. I drove my father-in-law's '67 Camaro SS with a built 350/M20 4-speed and he has the tall chrome stick/T-handle. Just reinforced that that's what I want. That car is a hairy mo-fo and would walk away from my GT at half-throttle.

PM'ing my address to you.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a hurst now that I had to modify the handle on. When I would shift to the odd gears my knuckles were literally close enough to hit the dash. I never slammed the gears with that handle as I am sure I would have bruised my knuckles

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
MGW.. that is all lol.. But that doesnt sound like the route you want to go

I've tried out the MGW before and didn't care for it. Yes the fully adjustable handle is win, but the gates were tight as anything, Fourth and Reverse are close and I ended up going forward when I wanted to go backward. Not enough separation for me. I got the Pro 5.0 as a birthday present as it is, so cost to me was nothing.

I have a Tri-Ax handle on a Pro 5.0 base and love it..

Same here. Just want something different. Third and Fifth are still a little further away than I would like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online