Shop to rewrap a cobra steering wheel...?

miss.mod.50

Reaction score
I've given up on trying to find a saddle cobra steering wheel in good shape (ie: new one on ebay right now for $700?!?!?!?!)

I got my steering wheel off and ready to ship, looking for a shop that someone has used & got quality work out of. So far I've found Craft Customs in TX, and was quoted about $250 for rewrap. they have a pic of saddle mustang wheel they did on their website:

http://www.craftcustoms.com/pages/Make-Model-Ford-Mustang.htm

Open to any other GOOD shop suggestions you've used before i ship this off! thx!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Have you looked into redline missy . I think that's who [MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] used it turned out awesome

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can recommend redline leather goods as they have done a lot of work for my including my wheel. they can wrap it like a fr500 if you want or just send you a regular wrap kit that you put on youself. having seen the pics of wraps customers installed it looks like it isn't all that hard. I can also give you a coupon code that should be good for %10 off. But he is in Poland so when I had him wrap mine he found a wheel there funny enough for cheaper then I could here bought it, wrapped it and set it too me. I have an extra if you need one to send.

OP
OP
M

miss.mod.50

Reaction score
do you have pics of yours? I'm wanting mine back to 100% oem looking, and to have the shop do the wrap for me (i dont mess with interior or body!)

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've really been wanting to do redline wrap... love jeremy's steering wheel. Too bad there isnt a light grey suede.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've given up on trying to find a saddle cobra steering wheel in good shape (ie: new one on ebay right now for $700?!?!?!?!)

I got my steering wheel off and ready to ship, looking for a shop that someone has used & got quality work out of. So far I've found Craft Customs in TX, and was quoted about $250 for rewrap. they have a pic of saddle mustang wheel they did on their website:

http://www.craftcustoms.com/pages/Make-Model-Ford-Mustang.htm

Open to any other GOOD shop suggestions you've used before i ship this off! thx!

That saddle wheel is actually nice. I don't miss mine though as it showed every spec of dirt and when I switched to my FR500 the dark charcoal color blended nicely and does not show any hand dirt that I may be carrying.

OP
OP
M

miss.mod.50

Reaction score
figured i'd update this......Craft Customs in TX...... yes.
IMG_20140824_133819_076_zps045bc714.jpg

IMG_20140824_133459_393_zpsa2b930d3.jpg

MissV8Der

Reaction score
Very nice, looks like they did a great job! :thumbsup:

RichV

Reaction score
Came out nice. I need to do my SVO wheel someday. I'll have to check them out.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it doesn't look padded to me but I recommend it myself. I never thought I would like it as much as I have but the feeling of napa leather with the padding undr it makes me grin when I grab it.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
so is craft customs an interior upholstery shop? been debating on getting mine redone too. that came out nice!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I just noticed the price and I assume they wrapped it for you for that price? I am asking because it doesn't look like it was padded nor does it have napa or alancantra/upgraded leather? I had redline do mine with napa leather and padded and had them wrap it for me and I don't think it was a whole lot more even with shipping a wheel from Poland. He makes a kit that he will sent you with the needle and thead that you can put on yourself and save $$$ and honestly the pics I have seen of the user installed wraps look just as good as mine. Its a bit time consuming but I would just take the wheel off and go do it in front of the TV. I use to have a coupon code for %10 off that might still work and I did ask about group buys and he said he would do them if there is enough interest.

OP
OP
M

miss.mod.50

Reaction score
http://www.craftcustoms.com/

steering wheel re-wraps look to be their 'thing'.....the leather is a little bit softer, but size is just like OEM which is what I wanted. I wasn't looking for the rolls royce of steering wheels, was looking for the CLOSEST to OEM as I could find and that's why I went to them, same reason I went to TMI for seat leathers. And yes, price was for them to do it.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ok cool I was just curious comparing prices in case anyone else was price shopping as they both look like they do great work. You could call that stock leather but at least in the pics it looks like better leather than ford ever dreamed of doing and probably is and will hopefully last long enough to forget the price.. Redlines kits for the DIY I think start off around $129 for a stock/entry leather and if had the pattern made when I got mine I would have done. I know going through his list of cars that he has hundreds but being in Poland he did not yet have one for a mustang.

stock

Reaction score
Very nice! Ive actually been debating doing this, Im so tired of the steering wheel cover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online