short throw shifter

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
The pro 5.0 im my car is noisy when shifting gears. They is a guy that makes gaskets that are supposed to quiet it down ( cant remember exactly but i think his name is bob, shouldnt be hard to find). I imagine the previous owner just used rtv on the shifter because i dont think he liked to go the extra mile to make things a little better.

yeah, i ordered one from him earlier this week and got it today...im hoping to have time tomorrow morning to install my tri-ax and the new gaskets...anyone have any tips i might need when installing?

GDawg

Reaction score
I've had my MGW for almost two years now... never been any noise. This thing has been a dream.

:pimp2:

ALITL8

Reaction score
GDawg said:
I've had my MGW for almost two years now... never been any noise. This thing has been a dream.

:pimp2:

MGW for 1 year here, the only sound mine makes is vroom vroom :dunno:

oh and squeek squeek (worn out stock LCA's) :-\

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Good to hear, I got a MGW on the new tranny, haven't used it yet!

The throw sure is short.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i just installed my Tri-ax and OMG what a difference :dancing6:...my car drives completely different now, shifts are so much smoother and quicker...it might help that i seafoamed the car at the same time...had a very nice smoke show. :thumb:

i definetely recommend tri-ax...

ko 5.0

Reaction score
How tuff are they to install? I hear fairly simple, might do mine next week.

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
really easy to install. put mine in in about 20 min. woulda been quicker but i dropped a bolt and took me a while to find it. the tri ax comes with detailed instructions. all you need is some sockets, a 1/2 in wrench and some RTV sealant. the tri ax makes a hell of a difference. there is no chance to miss third because it is spring loaded. just push as hard as you can and it goes right in everytime

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
ko 5.0 said:
How tuff are they to install? I hear fairly simple, might do mine next week.

very simple...all you need to do is unbolt then rebolt everything down. i ordered gaskets from a guy on SVTperformance and i like them, plus no messy rtv. my only problem was the two bolts closer to be a motor were stuck on good and i cut up my hands banging them all over the dash trying to loosen them.

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
yeah i scraped the hell out of my pinky on some plastic on the dash. there was a giant pile of skin left on the dash after i did it. this was my own fault though. when i was setting my stops, i went back and retightened them and dumbass me when to tighten the top one and turned the wrong way. the bolt broke free and i rammed my finger into the sharp plastic edge. i now have no skin on the top of my pinky. :'(

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
trust me i felt like a dumbass right after i did it. i was in such a hurry to try it out i tightened the bottom one and went to do the top which is faced the other way and didnt think twice about it.

94yellowgt

Reaction score
GDawg said:
3dbc6758.jpg

Is that the stock transmission because my shifter sits farther forward than that. Or maybe my trans is not stock :dunno:.

For the original topic, I have a UPR Blue Thunder and it work great and was simple to install except for the two front bolts. Like I stated ^ my shifter seem to be more toward the front of the car than the one in this pic.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
94yellowgt said:
Is that the stock transmission because my shifter sits farther forward than that. Or maybe my trans is not stock :dunno:.

For the original topic, I have a UPR Blue Thunder and it work great and was simple to install except for the two front bolts. Like I stated ^ my shifter seem to be more toward the front of the car than the one in this pic.

i think it is just because of the direction the pic was taken...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online