Side mirror seems wobbly

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Can and do side mirrors get loose/wobbly? Not the housing part, but the mirrored part itself. Is there a way to fix it or do you just have to replace the whole thing?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the glass/plastic is held on by a plastic clip on the back that has either started to fall apart or is falling off by the sound of it. You can replace just the glass.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
cool ! So just dismount the entire mirror from the inside A-pillar? Then how do I get the mirror off to replace it?

C1skout

Reaction score
My left side was wobbly and eventually fell of in my yard one day. I snapped it back in without really "fixing" anything, and a week or so later it fell off again in a paved lot and shattered. I ordered a Dorman replacement glass from rockauto. When that came in, I glued the glass to my stock plastic backer, and cut a new bit of thin foam to go between the backer and the power motors. Nice repair, and no more wobbly mirror now.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully the rain will give me an ample window of opportunity to dig in there and determine the cause. Might just be loose nuts behind the 460 tweeter “triangle”. But I suspect it’s the glass itself.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if the housing itself is loose then you need to get behind the tweeters to get to the screws, if you can just wiggle the glass then the housing is fine

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
if the housing itself is loose then you need to get behind the tweeters to get to the screws, if you can just wiggle the glass then the housing is fine
Roger that! Just gotta get in there to determine. Stand by…

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online