Single Turbo FoxSwap

Carl The Cobra

Reaction score
So I am closing up on my swap (foxbody 5.0 bored to 306 with tko600 and t-72 turbonetics passenger side fitment). I have ran into several small issues I need to relocate my ABS block and Line lock kit, as well as I need my new 3 core rad to move closer to the bumper and mount the intercooler. I have seen team motorsports lower rad mount and intercooler mount is this a good product will it fix that mounting issue? Also has anyone ever relocated ABS block what tools do I need where should I mount it when I move it etc. I know there is not a lot anyone can tell me to do with the line lock since it is aftermarket but a suggestion there would be nice as well this is my first big project so far has went great any suggestions would be awesome thank you! Also for anyone curious after those issues get resolved next is removing all wires and hooking up my termi X kit. ( I can post photos tonight )

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its such a minor move you can just bend them into place. Now it might be in the way of your intercooler piping in that area though.

OP
OP
C

Carl The Cobra

Reaction score
its such a minor move you can just bend them into place. Now it might be in the way of your intercooler piping in that area though.
ok good to know Ill get some photos tonight and maybe check clearance.

OP
OP
C

Carl The Cobra

Reaction score
I am posting to this thread again for more assistance. I first need to source a good set of cold side pipes for my specific turbo setup (fox body setup with a Turbonetics mounted on passenger side running a j-line Mishimoto fmic as seen in photos). Then I need to know how and where to relocate my ABS and line lock systems so they do not interfere with the piping. Next I need to find a good way to mount the intercooler, and how to bring the radiator closer to the bumper so it does not interfere with the cold side piping behind it. If anyone can assist or answer any of these questions in any way shape or form I would very much appreciate it.
580e8868405b1c4021cb6b818babdf79.jpg

195e38d0d83425a86d93a574ee239531.jpg

da117e956b080c33811a82d268e4523d.jpg

243ff0e4d220fa0ee556f52977c1e0b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you can flip the abs pump to the inside of the frame rails to gain some space in the engine bay, but it might be in the way of the piping going around. I think I will be up near mine and can get a pic of it for you, I have the line lock mounted to the abs pump.

OP
OP
C

Carl The Cobra

Reaction score
you can flip the abs pump to the inside of the frame rails to gain some space in the engine bay, but it might be in the way of the piping going around. I think I will be up near mine and can get a pic of it for you, I have the line lock mounted to the abs pump.

Ok I just need to find cold side pipes that fit the car before I can mock it up that way. Any idea on where to find some I found a company but I don’t know if it will have the proper fit.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cx racing had kits, on3 has kits, B&G makes all kinds of great turbo stuff for our cars. Hellion makes kits.

All just depends on your price range.

OP
OP
C

Carl The Cobra

Reaction score
Cx racing had kits, on3 has kits, B&G makes all kinds of great turbo stuff for our cars. Hellion makes kits.

All just depends on your price range.

I had seen the Cx racing kits and good to know about the others. Budget went out the window long time ago I’ve got 23k wrapped in this car already lol. Any kits you have experience using?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had seen the Cx racing kits and good to know about the others. Budget went out the window long time ago I’ve got 23k wrapped in this car already lol. Any kits you have experience using?

My hot side is from B&G. It’s a very well built quality piece. It’s a shame I’m gonna have to cut it up.

I haven’t purchased a cold side from anyone yet. Plenty have used the cx products and had good luck. B&G is known for really great parts but they take time to build anything and ship it as it’s a small business. Hellion makes really nice stuff but your gonna pay a premium!!!!

OP
OP
C

Carl The Cobra

Reaction score
My hot side is from B&G. It’s a very well built quality piece. It’s a shame I’m gonna have to cut it up.

I haven’t purchased a cold side from anyone yet. Plenty have used the cx products and had good luck. B&G is known for really great parts but they take time to build anything and ship it as it’s a small business. Hellion makes really nice stuff but your gonna pay a premium!!!!

Good to know I think after I gather some cash the Cx racing seems like a good kit.

OP
OP
C

Carl The Cobra

Reaction score
Alright got the piping ordered where and how do I mount my FMIC (Mishimoto J-Line) will mounting brackets for a fox work??

joe65

Reaction score
one thing i appreciate about the ON3 site is they sell all the parts in their kits separately along with all kinds of stuff you might need. just thought i'd mention in case you haven't looked over their website.

OP
OP
C

Carl The Cobra

Reaction score
one thing i appreciate about the ON3 site is they sell all the parts in their kits separately along with all kinds of stuff you might need. just thought i'd mention in case you haven't looked over their website.
good to know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online