smoke

96sn95gt

Reaction score
OK ima pretty good mechanic but its been awhile what does it mean when i down shift hard and i come to a stop it will smoke is it just valve seals or rings if i step on it it doesn't smoke until i down shift i wanna do a pi cam,intake swap and make sure if i need seals for the valves thanks gosh i miss my 5.0

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Probably valve seals. I would just get new head's. You can get NPI head's complete, and ported from Steen for only 700 buck's.

Boomer!

Reaction score
A modular guide is common for going south before rings or seals, it is common with lower viscosity oil (thinner) they do tend to pass the rings fairly easy. Higher mileage will engines will tend to allow more blowby and consume a fair amount more than they normally would.

Seals tend to smoke consistant, rings can smoke from hard acceleration to hard deacceleration, a giude depending on weather it be exhaust or intake could fall between both.

Another notable fact is synthetic oils also seep past the rings and do get force into combustion. If you don't have piston or valvetrain noise I wouldn't worry much.....

Have no fears modulars are tough, a little smoke is nothing, these engines see well over 150,000 mile of abuse and still take it like a champ.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online