smoked a ricer today!

Oleg

Reaction score
H22 Honda engine is far from "pathetic" in stock form... 160whp stock... came out in the early 90s and I guarantee it would beat any 4 cyl of the early-mid 90s. Then, with a tune, they put down 190ish whp with the engine untouched. 230ish whp with some basic mods. (and I've seen over 300whp H22s that were fully built naturally aspirated)

Dude even now, 20 years later, there are VERY few N/A 4 cylinders that put down those numbers with just a tune (besides the Honda K-series which puts down A LOT more with less displacement)

Then like I said, put that H22 into a lighter Honda chassis which is a very easy swap and you've got a sleeper that will run with your average supercharged 5.0 and it also doesn't cost very much at all. The engine is about $700 used but from a reputable company, the mounts are about $150. And you've got factory reliability, fuel efficiency, and winter drivability, plus a sleeper.
But once again, I would much rather have a Mustang in the summer because of the awesome sound.

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
Oleg said:
H22 Honda engine is far from "pathetic" in stock form... 160whp stock... came out in the early 90s and I guarantee it would beat any 4 cyl of the early-mid 90s. Then, with a tune, they put down 190ish whp with the engine untouched. 230ish whp with some basic mods. (and I've seen over 300whp H22s that were fully built naturally aspirated)

Dude even now, 20 years later, there are VERY few N/A 4 cylinders that put down those numbers with just a tune (besides the Honda K-series which puts down A LOT more with less displacement)

Then like I said, put that H22 into a lighter Honda chassis which is a very easy swap and you've got a sleeper that will run with your average supercharged 5.0 and it also doesn't cost very much at all. The engine is about $700 used but from a reputable company, the mounts are about $150. And you've got factory reliability, fuel efficiency, and winter drivability, plus a sleeper.
But once again, I would much rather have a Mustang in the summer because of the awesome sound.
this again. comparing MODIFIED imports to STOCK muscle. ur boastin 230hp on the MODIFIED econobox, well the STOCK 93 stang came from the factory with 225 hp.

got5.0

Reaction score
230 WHEEL horsepower vs 225 flywheel horsepower and there is also a HUGE weight difference, better handling for the civic, and drive like little go karts for the street. I know for a fast, the 93 stang feels and is slow.

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
^well no shit sherlock, but its easier to compare bhp and whp numbers than it is to compare engine swapped and modified cars to stock ones

Win

Legend
Reaction score
WELL FINE MY 4CYL MAKES 125WHP AND WILL SMOKE EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE!!! Thread closed dang this is like a pissing contest

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Somewhat civilized debate that is a pissing contest that gets off track then back on and off and back on again. This is a Pointless thread by now and should be closed.

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
Why? nobody is name calling or getting offended, simply defending their opinions.
again, plenty of other threads to up your post count on if you don't like this one

Win

Legend
Reaction score
RockstarMentality said:
Why? nobody is name calling or getting offended, simply defending their opinions.
again, plenty of other threads to up your post count on if you don't like this one
HAHA up my post count good one.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think this thread is getting stupid.

Dollar for dollar, from what I've seen and know, it'd be cheaper to build a faster honda. It doesn't take much to buy a GSR-swapped car and that alone is pretty quick. I believe my friend bought his GSR-swapped hatch for around $3k and it'll most def beat my $4500 Mustang on any day of the week.

You can add a few more grand to it and build a faster Mustang but if you add that same amount of money to the Honda, it'll still be up in the air on who will win.

If money's not an issue, you could build a much faster Mustang easier than a comparable Honda BUT if money's not an issue, you're not going to be wasting your time with Mustangs and Hondas.

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
some new ford focus wanted to race me on a double lane exit ramp. i murdered it from a 50mph roll, then let out at 90 and he gave me the ricer flyby :angry7:

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
I had a guy with a 'modified' saturn two door call me out last night. I literally fell over, and rofl'ed.

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
1996mustangGT said:
I had a guy with a 'modified' saturn two door call me out last night. I literally fell over, and rofl'ed.
you better watch out. your 5.4 has nothing on that 1.9 :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online