smoked a ricer today!

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
RockstarMentality said:
oh jeez. the guy with an SRT4 caught hell, my advice to you would be to just stop talkin bout your honda, and just keep it to yourself if you think you can beat half the cars on this site, whether you can or not

Imma guy with a SRT4.

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
yeah and when u start talkin bout how badass it is you get some kickback dont you?
allz im sayin is, this is a Mustang site. I give credit where credit is due, however many people on here hate it if its not rockin a blue oval. but when ppl start runnin their mouth bout their econoboxes, i just assume its the same claims as all other ricers.
"your fnckin mustang aint sh!t nigga. aint got sh!t on me. why? cuz i have VTEC MOTHAFVCKA! it makes like 1098372 hp at idle i have dyno sheets"
okay man, im sure your shitvic hauls ass :rolleyes: those cars are just particularly douchebag-prone

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
RockstarMentality said:
yeah and when u start talkin bout how badass it is you get some kickback dont you?
allz im sayin is, this is a Mustang site. I give credit where credit is due, however many people on here hate it if its not rockin a blue oval. but when ppl start runnin their mouth bout their econoboxes, i just assume its the same claims as all other ricers.
"your fnckin mustang aint sh!t FU Whitey. aint got sh!t on me. why? cuz i have VTEC MOTHAFVCKA! it makes like 1098372 hp at idle i have dyno sheets"
okay man, im sure your shitvic hauls a*s :rolleyes: those cars are just particularly douchebag-prone

duuuude i gots dis sweet azzzz economy family car wit dis turbo and VTAK and its soooooo fast it would kill evey car in the world cuz im runnin 16455 pounds of boost and gots 390583065928346783475 horsepowers and dat bitch screams to 13k rpm cuz uh duh VTAK yo

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've been in before the lock.

My SRT is sooo badass wid its GreDDy BOV yo.

Oleg

Reaction score
It's funny how ignorant some people are.

Ok, Honda Civics are economy cars. That is true. HOWEVER, take the 92-95 Civic for example, it easily outhandles tons of "sports cars" STOCK. Now put a $1000 into suspension on that car and you have a car that outhandles M3s, WRXs, etc, etc... Not saying that this is the best car out there and that everything else is inferior, BUT the handling definitely is exceptional when a 92-95 Civic is modded correctly. So no matter how you look at a Civic, it performs BETTER than a lot of cars that everybody drools over.

Next, yes Hondas are not fast stock. That is somewhat true. I say "somewhat true" because... a perfect example would be a 1992-1995 Honda Prelude SI VTEC. Stock it makes the same horsepower as the Mustang of those years and runs comparable 1/4 mile completely stock.

Now although Civics are NOT fast(and yes, a lot of ricers think they are), you have to look at the facts. First of all, a Civic with a STOCK H22 swap will run in the 13s with an average driver. That is with a completely STOCK Honda engine. A K20 swapped Civic can get into 12s with a stock K20 engine. Another fact is that, the K20 engine makes upwards of 250+wheel horsepower... naturally aspirated with bolt-ons.... from a mostly stock 2.0Liter engine. At that point you are looking at 11sec 1/4 mile if the person can drive....2.0Liter engine... Now before I get flamed, I do love Mustangs, but what does your average bolt-on 4.6 Mustang run... 13s sound about right.

Now lets take the Honda D16 engine.. It is a ~100-125hp pathetic 1.6Liter... right? Right, when it is stock. WRONG if you have 2-3K to throw at it. With about $3,000 in parts you are looking at 400+wheel horsepower 1.6Liter engine (fully built with forced induction of course) which would put the Civic into 10s on slicks. Yes, a 400+whp 1.6Liter engine, this has been done plenty of times. If you don't think that is impressive, then I don't know what is. And before you say "let me put a turbo on a V8 and i'll make way more power", don't forget that it is a freaking 1.6Liter!

Not saying that every Civic out there has 500hp and will beat anything you throw at it. Not at all, unfortunately, 99% of Civics out there are ruined by idiots. But once again you have to look at the facts mentioned above. Yes it is an economy car, yes it has 4 cylinders and FWD. BUT it does offer a lot more than most people think.

Then on top of all that you get extreme durability in a Honda. Take the S2000 for example, there are plenty of them running around with 600-700horsepower. Do you think it takes a fortune to make that much power on an S2000. WRONG, most of those cars are left 90% stock with only mods being a turbo and engine management. The stock engine, tranny, axles, rear end can handle triple the stock horsepower. How many other cars do you know that can handle that kind of abuse? Not very many.
From my personal experience on a car that I actually daily drove, I can say that a Honda engine is indestructible when tuned and maintained correctly. I tripled the power output of the engine in my Civic keeping most of the parts stock, even the stock fuel pump. I've never had any problems with it, nothing breaks on those cars no matter what you throw at them.

American muscle and FWD imports are obviously two completely different worlds. I appreciate both. A 4 cyl obviously sounds like a blender compared to a Mustang/Vette. But then a lot of muscle cars cant take a turn properly when compared to a lot of imports. And a 4cyl FWD will always get you home if it starts snowing even on summer tires as opposed to a muscle car that makes power. It is just two completely different experiences.

got5.0

Reaction score
greenscobie86 said:
Cliff notes on the above?

start respecting the properly modded 4 cyl cars because they are badass and will rape your mustang.

got5.0

Reaction score
why should this be locked? Nobody is mad, getting flamed, etc. Its a discussion, which is what forums are for.

Oleg

Reaction score
got5.0 said:
greenscobie86 said:
Cliff notes on the above?

start respecting the properly modded 4 cyl cars because they are badass and will rape your mustang.

Or even completely stock. Like my Prelude example. Not necessarily rape but runs the same 1/4 time with less than half the engine.

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
where oh where to begin...
1. first off, why do people always bring up the s2k to defend the shitvic? i dont bring up the Ford GT to defend the mustang.
2. not hard to triple 90whp
3. any ET with -teen as a suffix is slow.
4. most "sports cars" handling suck stock. i know mine does, and i have better shocks/struts, bigger brakes, and a lighter car than everyone else...stock. not to mention you cant compare a MODIFIED civic to a STOCK wrx.
5. it still doesnt have a driveshaft
6. its a freaking 1.6 liter, so buy a 4.6 and turbo it and make way more power. i fail to understand your argument here.

now, i would like to say, .0000000000001% of civics can actually live up to the game the owner is talking. to the rest of them "oh yeah its fully built, it will stomp your fnckin mustang like a junebug" means they have an ebay ram air intake and a spoiler duct taped on, and theyll probly have to push it across the finish line. "cuz my vtec isnt working, i woulda had you" :rolleyes:

blue9550gt

Reaction score
i tell u there was a 02 maxima that had stang eater on the back window 2 make along story short only thing it ate was my dust in 3rd 122mph

Oleg

Reaction score
RockstarMentality said:
where oh where to begin...
1. first off, why do people always bring up the s2k to defend the shitvic? i dont bring up the Ford GT to defend the mustang.

Because the S2000 is in the 10,000-15,000 price range now. The Ford GT is a supercar in a completely different price range.

2. not hard to triple 90whp

A bit more than that but close enough. I disagree that it is so easy to triple the power output and keep everything mostly stock.... on my Mustang triple = 780hp

3. any ET with -teen as a suffix is slow.

My 13-12sec examples were with the H22 and K20 engines which would be left 100% stock while maintaining factory reliability and daily drivability. So obviously the goal is not the max power but just an example of what a stock 2.0Liter Honda engine runs. Those times are comparable to the new 5.0 Mustang with newer technology and 2.5X the engine.

4. most "sports cars" handling suck stock. i know mine does, and i have better shocks/struts, bigger brakes, and a lighter car than everyone else...stock. not to mention you cant compare a MODIFIED civic to a STOCK wrx.

Drive a Civic on a twisty road. The handling is comparable to a 911 (yes I do have a 911)

6. its a freaking 1.6 liter, so buy a 4.6 and turbo it and make way more power. i fail to understand your argument here.

It doesn't matter as long as it goes fast. A 10sec turbo 1.6Liter or a 10sec 4.6 turbo... Both are fun. The point was that people don't give them enough credit.

now, i would like to say, .0000000000001% of civics can actually live up to the game the owner is talking. to the rest of them "oh yeah its fully built, it will stomp your fnckin mustang like a junebug" means they have an ebay ram air intake and a spoiler duct taped on, and theyll probly have to push it across the finish line. "cuz my vtec isnt working, i woulda had you" :rolleyes:

This is the reason I started arguing. Misinformation. Yes there are ricers running around but what do you expect after the fast and the furious movie came out and all the kids watched it?
There are plenty of fast FWD 4cyl running around. Mine runs, yes it is a civic, it is FAR from fully built, in fact, mostly stock. it makes nearly 400hp and weighs 1900lbs so you do the math.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online