Smoked Tailights

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yeah well that's funny, because so many were up in arms that they changed to the horizontal tails. Really pretty cool that its a "unique" feature now.
lets also remember that at the same time they swapped tail lights, they also put in the 4.6 that I don't think anyone would argue that until pi upgrade was not an upgrade from the 302. They also cheaped out on the seats, door panels and a few other things that were nicer in the horz. I thought the vertical lights looked good in the new edge but on the original sn style the horz had a better looking ass.

TrickVert

Reaction score
How times change:

Me: 06-16-2010
I absolutely hated the horizontals when they came out in '94. As others have stated, since they were stating the "Mustang heritage" in the design, they should have been vertical from the start. That said, though, I am beginning to appreciate the horizontal tails more and more, especially because it is a 94/95 identifier.

The P.O. of my car had installed the 96-98 tails, and at the time I thought, "Good. One less thing I need to do myself." I added sequentials to them almost right away, and get lots of compliments. I don't care if some of the "true" Mustang guys think they're ricer-ish, I like 'em.

I have the original lights in boxes in the attic . Maybe one day I'll grow up, and put them on.

Also me: 04-11-2016
Well, color me grown up. I went back to my horizontals a couple of years ago, and wouldn't have it any other way now. It's just the right thing to do. And this is one place I love a wider rear-end look.

IMG_20150610_175756537.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Ahgrafx

Reaction score
How times change:

I absolutely hated the horizontals when they came out in '94. As others have stated, since they were stating the "Mustang heritage" in the design, they should have been vertical from the start. That said, though, I am beginning to appreciate the horizontal tails more and more, especially because it is a 94/95 identifier.

The P.O. of my car had installed the 96-98 tails, and at the time I thought, "Good. One less thing I need to do myself." I added sequentials to them almost right away, and get lots of compliments. I don't care if some of the "true" Mustang guys think they're ricer-ish, I like 'em. View attachment 3447

I have the original lights in boxes in the attic . Maybe one day I'll grow up, and put them on. View attachment 3448

Well, color me grown up. I went back to my horizontals a couple of years ago, and wouldn't have it any other way now. It's just the right thing to do. And this is one place I love a wider rear-end look. View attachment 3449

IMG_20150610_175756537%20Custom_zps0if80kib.jpg
Did you have to change anything to go back to original

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
How times change:

The P.O. of my car had installed the 96-98 tails, and at the time I thought, "Good. One less thing I need to do myself." I added sequentials to them almost right away, and get lots of compliments. I don't care if some of the "true" Mustang guys think they're ricer-ish, I like 'em. View attachment 3447

I have the original lights in boxes in the attic . Maybe one day I'll grow up, and put them on. View attachment 3448

Well, color me grown up. I went back to my horizontals a couple of years ago, and wouldn't have it any other way now. It's just the right thing to do. And this is one place I love a wider rear-end look. View attachment 3449

IMG_20150610_175756537%20Custom_zps0if80kib.jpg
that sig WITH the photobucket logo is hilarious. They killed most of the builds on here a while back. SHARE?!

TrickVert

Reaction score
that sig WITH the photobucket logo is hilarious. They killed most of the builds on here a while back. SHARE?!
I didn't know it was doing that until I looked on my mobile! o_O
On my PC, I have a Chrome extension that makes Photobucket pics work - Photobucket Hotlink Fix

Here's the full photo (and the other post should be OK now, too.)

IMG_20150610_175756537.jpg

TrickVert

Reaction score
Did you have to change anything to go back to original

No, because I had the original harnesses, but if you want to go from 96-98 to 94/95, you would just tape up the innermost socket (the one that's a running light only), and zip-tie it out of the way.

TrickVert

Reaction score
like the car! I'm in Colo. also. Nice Steeda wheels too!
Thanks! For awhile I thought I wanted different wheels again (I removed '98 Cobras for these), but now I wouldn't change them. I like the fact that they're a but unique, and they fit the car well. The fact that they're only 19 lbs per wheel isn't bad, either, especially with the 275 tires and Cobra brakes adding weight to each corner.

Where in Colorado?

OP
OP
A

Ahgrafx

Reaction score
No, because I had the original harnesses, but if you want to go from 96-98 to 94/95, you would just tape up the innermost socket (the one that's a running light only), and zip-tie it out of the way.
Ended up finding some locally for 45$ got the wire harness too. Only think wrong is the little post on the pointed part is missing and of course I didn't see that too I got home. I'm painting them right now does anyone know if that will be a problem? Anyone know where to get the gaskets that go around the sockets?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Parts stores have those gaskets some times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrickVert

Reaction score
As an alternative, a craft store may have foam sheets from which you can make your own gaskets. I think a piece of 3/4" copper, sharpened on the end, may punch a hole the right size for the center, and you could cut around the outside with scissors. Depending on your cutting skills, they might not be pretty but the'd be functional. As for the posts. IIRC, I believe those are just locator pins.

OP
OP
A

Ahgrafx

Reaction score
As an alternative, a craft store may have foam sheets from which you can make your own gaskets. I think a piece of 3/4" copper, sharpened on the end, may punch a hole the right size for the center, and you could cut around the outside with scissors. Depending on your cutting skills, they might not be pretty but the'd be functional. As for the posts. IIRC, I believe those are just locator pins.
Lol I actually have some of those I will give them a try, thanks

joe65

Reaction score
hey just found this. if someone needs them.
upload_2020-4-3_16-23-35.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online