-:SN Midwest:-

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Scott you should put together a big event for us all to come and hang out with you

Some how I missed this and was just about to post some dates that might be worth the trip.

my mustang club puts on a monthly cruise in that is a good time. We normally get 100-125 cars, have games, cakewalks and other small fund raisers that we use to go towards our club charity that buys coats for kids in need. There is no entry fee but we do accept donations, trophy's are handed out and its just a good time every month.
http://www.stangaddiction.com/Stang_Addiction_First_Edition/Home.html
http://cruisenightcars.com/Stang-Addiction-car-show-schedule-Evansville-Indiana.html

These cruise ins are a good time and might be worth it for anyone in an hours radius(we are right at the tip of Indiana/ky/Il). If you are further away and looking for something possibly over night or worth 2-3 hrs of driving come down the end of aug and check out Frog Follies. This is a show and swap meet that takes over the 4H grounds, and I mean the ENTIRE 4H grounds with an average of 4000 street rods per year.

http://www.frogfollies.org/

Its not a show that any of our cars could enter but its still an amazing day to just tool around and check out all the cool cars. They also have a lot of vendors/dealers beside the swap meet and I am hoping to find a nice set of wheels this year. Always a good time that will leave you tired and amazed at what you have seen. My club also has its monthly show that Friday and its normally fairly well attended by the street rodders. This is one of the few times that you would need a reservation in town for a hotel though but it is cool to see all the cars at the hotel parking lots as well.

itsblue95

Reaction score
Scott I may have to get Logan(Evil) to ride out that way for that! Just depends on how every thing else is at that time

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
frog follies is really about the only thing worth the trip down here honestly but this is only a portion of all the cars.

follies.E67G5054.jpg

RideTech who I got my air ride from is just 45 mins away and will be there to weigh your vehicle if you want too as well. I am looking forward to that as well. If anyone is interested and wants help either finding a place for the night or what ever let me know. I will try to make a specific post about it maybe 60 days out and again at 30 to remind everyone.

Get enough of us together and I would have to grab the gopro's to see what we could throw together.

Bub

Reaction score
you'd think op would collect these posts and update his original to save us some time . . . :angry7:

-> Northern,IL checkin' in!

itsblue95

Reaction score
Sounds good Scott! Again ill have to let you know it's a little under a 2 hr drive so no big deal if I don't have anything going on

98cobra3

Reaction score
quad cities, IL checkin in. There doesn't seem to be many members around my neck of the woods. Im on the IL/IA border

Nightmare

Reaction score
So this thread pops up again...lol whippy, in reply to what you said months ago...yeah not too far from you. I live in Cedarburg and work in Milwaukee....Will be shooting down your way on Saturday to pick up a set of headers in Mount Prospect.

98cobra3

Reaction score
Hey man! Im from Dubuque, so about 1.5-2 hours north of you!

hey I was just going to ask you a question on what parts are available. ive seen your mustangs you are parting out. I think you must have read my mind. I like the cobra you have btw. and that 97 is almost just like mine accept a hardtop. have you ever been down here to cordova?

98cobra3

Reaction score
Peoria IL area here.....consider cordova our home track :)

Well aint that something. that would be sweet if some of us could meet up at cordova one of the midnight mayhems and Friday fun nights. they just had one this weekend but I had to work. I need to go this year. how often to you or anyone you know come up to the track?

you come all the way up here to cordova huh? im probably 15-20 mins away from the track

SVTstang96

Reaction score
hey I was just going to ask you a question on what parts are available. ive seen your mustangs you are parting out. I think you must have read my mind. I like the cobra you have btw. and that 97 is almost just like mine accept a hardtop. have you ever been down here to cordova?

Thanks! I appreciate it! It's been a lot of hard work, but it pays off. I haven't been to Cordova but I have a ton of friends who do. I believe you have a text message btw also.

Nightmare

Reaction score
Well aint that something. that would be sweet if some of us could meet up at cordova one of the midnight mayhems and Friday fun nights. they just had one this weekend but I had to work. I need to go this year. how often to you or anyone you know come up to the track?

you come all the way up here to cordova huh? im probably 15-20 mins away from the track

I always liked racing at Cordova when the Ford Fun Weekend was there.....kinda miss it

miss.mod.50

Reaction score
We are at Cordova and Byron A LOT, both testing with customers and racing with Midwest Top Sportsman. We've been renting cordova the 3rd sunday in Oct for uhhhh 11 years now? We pay extra for excellent track prep, Vicary Fun Day i think is what they call it on the website, let me know if you interested cuz we limit signup to ~80 cars so people aren't waiting in lines forever. Soon as I get the 'offical info' and signup starts for this year I'll post it up here.

98cobra3

Reaction score
well you def need to give me a heads up. that would be awesome to run my car out there for the first time. when you rent it out, are there classes or do you just go and practice with a bunch of other people?

miss.mod.50

Reaction score
no classes, just an end of year test day. We dont allow the big diesel trucks or anything that that will tear up the track. We also try tokeep one lane for slick cars only to keep the track good. yeah we're kinda OCD about a few things, but we usually have a few 6 and 7 seconds cars and our buddy that does wheelstanding so if we're paying extra for a good track for these guys we dont want a 4x4 or mom's 20 second toyota ripping up a sticky surface.

Here's the pics from last year:
http://magic-photos.com/2011/Sun Vicary 10-21-12/Sun Vicary 10-21-12/index.html

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online