SN95 possibly not feeding fuel ?

colecanizales99

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 1995 mustang GT and I drive a lot and I was coming home one day and I stopped at a stoplight and when I went to go my car lost all it’s power dropped rpms almost to 800 and started misfiring I got to the side of the road and it stalled I sat there and tried starting it again it started one more time and was at a low idle and not really staying on then it shut off that’s happened two more times. I let it sit for a few hours and it runs fine but after driving it it does the same thing again, any idea what could be causing a issue like this ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Are you losing your radio or dash lights? Could be an issue with the alternator

01yellercobra

Reaction score
What about the TFI module? Sounds like an issue I had with my old Bronco.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes you do. Its hard to diagnose fuel problems with out one but its easy to put one on the schrader valve on the rail. With out it you can start simple with the filter, or go for the pump but you will just be throwing parts at it until you can confirm it with a gauge.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pick up module in the distributor controls fuel as well. It’s notorious for going out and causing the same problem.

Ask me how I know!!! Lol

Flade

Reaction score
Sounds like the PIP sensor in the distributor. Next time it acts up pull and remove the SPOUT connector. It’s tucked away near your mass air sensor. This disables the PIP and the car runs in default base timing. If the car starts and runs fine you will need the get a new distributor. Beware of rebuilt units, they often don’t change the PIP you’ll have the same problem soon

OP
OP
colecanizales99

colecanizales99

Reaction score
Sounds like the PIP sensor in the distributor. Next time it acts up pull and remove the SPOUT connector. It’s tucked away near your mass air sensor. This disables the PIP and the car runs in default base timing. If the car starts and runs fine you will need the get a new distributor. Beware of rebuilt units, they often don’t change the PIP you’ll have the same problem soon

Wow I had no idea about this thank you

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
This is awesome info!!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
O’reilleys dizzy’s have been what most have had the best luck with. After testing it as mentioned above, then buy it from there if getting from a parts store.

MADMAC

Reaction score
Distributor pickup assembly at Advance Auto around $30. to $50. bones. Pull dis. remove dis. gear. Pull out shaft and replace pickup. Not hard at all.
I did mine last summer. Popped open dis. and notice that the pickup was floating around. Had broken lose from the mounting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online