Sneaky's 97 GT

Reaction score
Well, this is my first real go at a thread like this so please feel free to critize the heck out of it :laughing5:

anyway my father and I bought this 97GT manual back in 2009 and unfortunately i lost all the pics of what it looked like when we first got it. It had 69,xxx original miles and had been garaged it's whole life. My dad being the guy who doesn't like to change anything is against my really doing anything BIG to this car. So that will have to wait at least one more year when we get the title switched to my name. But it is my car so he is allowing minor things. But im getting ahead of myself heres what she looks like!

IMG_20130517_192540_zps7dbb398a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20130517_192311_zps4a3062bd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20130517_192817_zps34e1cca6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The first real mod i ever did was a bbk cold air intake
IMG_20130624_113148_zps945d2b3f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

thanks to help of a few guys on here i recently got a bbk o/r xpipe, but i dont have any pictures so a video will have to do

[video=youtube;aYvONiBmEQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYvONiBmEQc[/video]

Saw Josh Hootens mustang on here and loved the gas tank straps so yesterday i did it to mine
3e2e89d9-6fee-4677-b535-650c5855efc5_zpsb4c0fdf8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The only shot i got of the interior
IMG_20130512_104559_zpsc6077f9d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

In the future since i work at mc donalds atm lol i plan on getting wheel spacers and some interior dress up, later on this year hopefully a new catback and tune.

*EDIT*

i forgot to mention some minor things i've already done like sr short shifter, new eagle gt tires and obvioulsy the pedals and shifter bezel, the odometer broke about a year ago, but since i dont plan on selling it anytime soon, im not too worried about the miles lol, new headlights, had halos but swapped for the cobra style which are chipped already so im thinking about going with the smoked cobra style headlights from american muscle but not sure. also does anyone know where one could find a pic of a laser red mustang with smoked tail lights i think it would look good but want to make sure before i dive in. Thanks!

CWO

Reaction score
Its a good start, looks super clean. Springs > spacers or anything else

OP
OP
SneakySonBeach
Reaction score
Its a good start, looks super clean. Springs > spacers or anything else

i would love to do springs, however that falls into the BIG category unfortunately, so they will have to wait at least for now

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Leave the interior alone, it looks awesome and is clean as shit.

And is that Autumn orange?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
great man! I had that same intake!!! Looks killer!!! :-D

also, love the painted tank straps :)

OP
OP
SneakySonBeach
Reaction score
Ah ok, lol.

Just the way the sun hits it made it look different. Jelly of how clean it is.

its really not as clean as the pictures make it look lol its got its fair share of scratches and fading etc. but nothing big enough to notice if you are any more that 5 feet away

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
nice car man! and tell him your ride quality is suffering and you wanna make it better with new springs. aha. never know, could work!

OP
OP
SneakySonBeach
Reaction score
nice car man! and tell him your ride quality is suffering and you wanna make it better with new springs. aha. never know, could work!

ahah! i like that :grin: i'll give it a try but i would have to have a shop do it, since i have no experience with suspension, do you know how much a shop would charge?

TLSF150

Reaction score
Changing springs on a mustang is cake.. I can change the springs alone in under a hour.. search for a how to and read up.. no special tools or anything required

Clean car btw.. I want your rims lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2!

OP
OP
SneakySonBeach
Reaction score
Changing springs on a mustang is cake.. I can change the springs alone in under a hour.. search for a how to and read up.. no special tools or anything required

Clean car btw.. I want your rims lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2!

really? these rims? lol ill trade ya haha

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
(you just have to go to step #15 in that write-up... you may not even have to fully drop the strut from the top, just leave it in place)

OP
OP
SneakySonBeach
Reaction score
here's a how-to some dashingly handsome man wrote up on how to swap your control arms.

changing your front springs is the same process, except you dont have to take off your control arms/spindles/etc.... (you'll see)

http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?37977-How-to-Cobra-Control-Arm-Upgrade

:)

the rear ones are even easier.

you're right that is a pretty handsome man ;) haha it doesn't look too hard, but i got a buddy who's dad has owned a few mustangs in his day (statie) and still drives like the rest of us lol doesn't pull anyone over for speeding real cool guy, anyway ill see if he can help me out with this, let the saving my pennies begin!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
(please God tell me you're a girl............)

sweet! seriously, it will take you 3-4 hours your first time (all the bolts will be rusted, you'll need to look torque specs up, you'll need to clean stuff before re-assembly, etc.) but after you're done you'll be like "that was a breeze!"

OP
OP
SneakySonBeach
Reaction score
(please God tell me you're a girl............)

sweet! seriously, it will take you 3-4 hours your first time (all the bolts will be rusted, you'll need to look torque specs up, you'll need to clean stuff before re-assembly, etc.) but after you're done you'll be like "that was a breeze!"

(i was kidding) haha but still with the roads i drive on some might be an issue, i guess i'll just have to find a new way to school and work ha (which is possible by the way)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Canaryonvskf’s

Members online