Snow White

bluex

Reaction score
I think it looks pretty good, the average person probably couldn't tell a difference between that and a mach 1 chin and it's definitely cheaper. Like you said if you haven't of said what it was I bet no one would have known.

HuskerGT

Reaction score
I think it looks pretty good, the average person probably couldn't tell a difference between that and a mach 1 chin and it's definitely cheaper. Like you said if you haven't of said what it was I bet no one would have known.
Oh, I think the average car person could tell the difference, especially if they saw the 2 together

Also, don't know how long those self-tapping screws will hold up since your only tapping into plastic. I might have went with a more permanent solution.

The chin I bought came with push-in type fasteners. I opted for bolts, washers & nyloc nuts. But then again, I don't know if you wanted to invest that much $$ into the whole setup, the bolts and stuff I bought end up costing half as much as that lawn edging.

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't look bad, just not for me.

OP
OP
J_Sty_

J_Sty_

Reaction score

Oh, I think the average car person could tell the difference, especially if they saw the 2 together
Mach I Chin:

Also, don't know how long those self-tapping screws will hold up since your only tapping into plastic. I might have went with a more permanent solution.

The chin I bought came with push-in type fasteners. I opted for bolts, washers & nyloc nuts. But then again, I don't know if you wanted to invest that much $$ into the whole setup, the bolts and stuff I bought end up costing half as much as that lawn edging.

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't look bad, just not for me.

I was comparing it to an 03 cobra chin not a Mach 1...cobra isn't much diff just a tad longer but Mach 1 is deff noticeable it's like twice the width or height I guess in this case...I do plan to use a more permanent fastener like what you used because I already have all that just wanted to get it on and make sure I liked it before making it permanent, it'll do for now. It's not that I'm super cheap or anything just happened to come across this while at Home Depot with my girl and it was $17 so I figured what the hell [emoji41]
Oh Hai [emoji137]
8822f6f1f6829df0b9b53a5a2701f759.jpg

dirtyred11

Reaction score
I personally think it's a great idea, if you wouldn't have said what you used and just showed before and after pics I think people would have accepted it better. But for 17 bucks and getting as close as you did to a cobra chin spoiler ( what are they like almost 400$ ) I think you my friend deserve a pat on the back. If I still had my stock front bumper hell I would do it lol

HuskerGT

Reaction score
I was referring to bluex's comment only

Also, pulled the pics down from my post so not to take away from your thread. Didn't think it was appropriate to pic whore my car on your thread.

OP
OP
J_Sty_

J_Sty_

Reaction score
I was referring to bluex's comment only

Also, pulled the pics down from my post so not to take away from your thread. Didn't think it was appropriate to pic whore my car on your thread.

Lol all good man I've been watching your thread didn't you just put your lip on too? And that part of my reply was geared towards bluex also that's why I quoted you both

2v_takeover

Reaction score
It is a bit smaller, but I don't think it's half bad, especially for a quick afternoon and a 17 bucks. I'm trying to find some material to put a small lip on my Saleen Bumper Cover, this may be an idea!

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i'm heading to home epot tomorrow...definitely looking in the garden section :headbang: that lip is spot on lol

bluex

Reaction score
Well it's hard to tell a major difference from the pictures anyways.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Dammit. That home-made chin spoiler fits better than mine from AM. I like how you can actually form it to fit the outside edge of the bumper, rather than have it sit recessed from the edge like the piece I have

OP
OP
J_Sty_

J_Sty_

Reaction score
Dammit. That home-made chin spoiler fits better than mine from AM. I like how you can actually form it to fit the outside edge of the bumper, rather than have it sit recessed from the edge like the piece I have

That's exactly what I was going for man lol if I bought a legit one I was still gonna try to put it up on the front edge of the bumper

OP
OP
J_Sty_

J_Sty_

Reaction score
Wave It Loud And Proud! Happy Memorial Day Everyone, Never Forget The True Hero's That Didn't Make It Home![emoji631]
a99cc405c52d00587b05bc7e0219a1a0.jpg

b1cd41aa7775eed6603f55911eb3942b.jpg

e5e58f71a43e14f712a4b1c0321c99cb.jpg

a6960868834983ebcabe501f680a46ca.jpg

a78aa3468b2f55b84e625326b5c434fe.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online