SOLD, Pistons, cam, heads

Flade

Reaction score
The GT40 heads use the standard Plug position used with every 289, 302 and 5.0L heads except the GT40P. You have it backwards. Standard heads have the plug angled. GT40P heads have the plug straight which interferes with many header designs.

joemomma

Reaction score
The GT40 heads use the standard Plug position used with every 289, 302 and 5.0L heads except the GT40P. You have it backwards. Standard heads have the plug angled. GT40P heads have the plug straight which interferes with many header designs.

Ahh gotcha. Thanks for the clarification! Doing some more reading, and it seems the Ps aren't quite the nightmare that most indicate - you just have to run 90 degree plug boots.

Flade

Reaction score
Ahh gotcha. Thanks for the clarification! Doing some more reading, and it seems the Ps aren't quite the nightmare that most indicate - you just have to run 90 degree plug boots.
That’s true if you are running most 302/289 exhaust manifolds. The 289 HiPO manifolds work well with a little clearancing. Headers are a different story and many don’t work. A couple companies used to make P specific headers, but I don’t believe anyone still does.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sluggish has the bead on the whole package right now. I look forward to meeting him this Sunday and will be happy if the lot go to a local enthusiast!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Super guy Ruben is. Young guy but knows a hecka ton more about all this than I do. So, I’m doubly glad everything went to a local guy who represents the next generation of enthusiasts.
Hope hear the fate of the goodies in the not too distant future!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online