Some help with messed up paint.

Downshift

Reaction score
Alright so my car is black, so you can see every little thing wrong with it. But I am looking for some help on how to get rid of little chips and scratches or at least make them hard to see. My question is what can a beginner as far as paint and detailing do to at least make these things less noticeable? I know how to wash the car that is it so i need some help. The previous owner put all cobra stuff on my car. But when he took off the side emblems he scratched the hell out of the paint and tried to touch it up with something but its still very noticeable. Couple of door chips from other people, previous owner also tried to cover them but very unsuccessful. The straw that broke the camels back..... Worked 8 Hours driving parts to stores with no AC in 108 degree weather go to my car....someone had keyed it :lame: lucky it is only deep in two places but still it is like 18-20 or so inches long. Thanks in advanced.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks Man!
I'd have no problem giving someone a full on ball shot If I saw them keying a car.
OOH, that makes me maddd.

When I got my truck (I got it at an auction) the repo guys scratched the shit out of it.
8 or so scratches. I took it to a "paint and Polish" body shop, and they buffed them all out.
I can only kinda see one that was deep.
they will be able to tell you if it can be worked out or not.

good luck.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
What do I use to rub it on or what not? I really dont know much.

d_punch

Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
I used an old t-shirt.

i used an old t-shirt too, when i was 13 and getting laid for the first time.

(sorry guys i'm just on fire today)

check out the " buffers " thread

ALITL8

Reaction score
take it to someone, spend some money and hang around... you could learn something ;) from the sound of it the car is pretty beat up and it really doesnt help that its black. you could try some mild compound using an orbital buffer followed by a quality polish and wax. always works good for me :thumb:

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Ya I was just trying to see what I could do myself for the fact that I like doing stuff myself and because I have no money to spend on that. Car isnt beat up just kinda concentrated in areas. Mostly just the key scratch which could be much much worse the scratches on the side emblem and a minor touch up on the door from a chip. Just trying to get an idea for what I could do to fix those otherwise its perfect. Thanks for the help though.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
d_punch said:
94GtStAnG5o said:
I used an old t-shirt.

i used an old t-shirt too, when i was 13 and getting laid for the first time.

(sorry guys i'm just on fire today)

check out the " buffers " thread

I am taking donations for the "buy me a buffer fund," paypal money to [email protected], but until the goal is reached, tshirts work perfect and they are cheaper, faster and easier to use. I dont have the luxury of throwing money at my car left and right for detailing stuff, I buy what I need.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.