someone please tell me what's going on with my soundsystem.

dutch

Reaction score
So I finally got the little removal hooks from ebay today and I pulled both the radio and cd-player.
Reason is that the CD player wasn't getting power at all and the rear speaker neither.

Seems to be a normal Mach460 system:

Afbeelding012.jpg

Afbeelding011.jpg

Afbeelding003.jpg

Afbeelding002.jpg

Afbeelding001.jpg

Then I found that the CD player wasn't connected to anything! Also, There are only 3 plugs in the dash.

big one for speakers I guess
small one for power?
antenna plug

Afbeelding009.jpg

these all go in the radio, and there's nothings that connects the radio and the CD player!

Then I found out that both the radio and CD player were manufactured in 1999! :dontknow:

cd player:
Afbeelding015.jpg

What's going on here? and is there a cable for sale somewhere that connect the radio and CD player?! :BangHead:

back of the CD player:
Afbeelding006.jpg

back of the radio:
Afbeelding008.jpg

Marvin97

Reaction score
There should be a cable connecting the radio with the cd player, don't think anyone sells them though. I would go ahead and go aftermarket cd player, throw that thing away.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Aftermarket will be better

But yea, its just unhooked. The small one is for the speakers, the big long one for power. Both of them plug into the back of the radio. The long one on the left obviously.

OP
OP
D

dutch

Reaction score
I have my cd player working now, I needed a new wiringharness.. the old one wasnt cd player compatible.. now I still need help with the rear speakers though. Is there a cable that connect the rear speakers to the front wiring harness?

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The square plug goes to the amps and then the speakers.You might have a problem with the amps. I'm not really sure. I have messed with one 460 system in my friends car and she has an aftermarket deck so its a little different and even then, I was just fixing a short.

I'd just leave it and save up and get a aftermarket deck and speakers and bypass all the Mach stuff IMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online