Spare key.....

6 Ponies

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My newest addition is a 2000 convertible and it’s my first of that generation so I was hoping someone can help guide me. The seller was only able to locate one key and one remote. I know that the 2000 has a PATS system and in order to program a new key you need two originals. Since we only have one, other than going to the dealer and having to pay an insane amount to buy, cut it and program is there another option?

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I had to have new keys made for my car last winter. I used Pop a loc. My key was stolen so they had to start from scratch. Since you have a key and remote it shouldn't be too bad.

PinkieT

Reaction score
I went to a local Keyless Shop store that makes keys and sells and programs remotes. I had one key and one remote with my 98, and they were able to get me set up with two more. They have locations in several states. https://www.keylessshop.com/carkeys. If not one near you, there should be something similar in your area.

TrickVert

Reaction score
The "Keyless" shop likely cloned the single key. In the end, you have three keys, but they are all the "same" key as far as the car is concerned. This is fine as long as you don't want to add more yourself.

My '03 F150 came with two keys, and I wanted to add one more, so I bought a couple of blanks and had them cut. Turns out one of the two I have is a clone of the other, and the only way to add a third is to a) clone one again, or b) go to the dealer with the cut blanks I have, have them wipe all the keys, and start fresh. (Or do the same thing with FORSCAN, and hope it doesn't brick.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online