Spark Plugs

bmcgc

Reaction score
I pulled the left bank plugs today. What a PITA. Im not a skinny kid with skinny arms anymore.

The plugs I removed are ASF 42C. They may be the originals. Nothing else on this car has been changed.

The insulators are bright white. Not tan or brown. No oil present. #5 was a little worn on the electrode Gaps were between 052 and 060. I set the new SP25 gap at 052.

It looks to me like a lean condition. I replaced the air filter, cap and rotor, but have not checked the timing or replaced the fuel filter.

Compared to a Fox 5.0, the 94 doesn't seem to have near as much power. I have 3.08 gears, but it still seems to be pretty wimpy for a 5.0/5 speed.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Sn95 is just heavier I think. Might be why it feels slower.

Addermk2

Reaction score
Shouldnt have installed platinum plugs. It's going to negatively affect you going forward. Our ignition systems work best with regular copper plugs.

OP
OP
B

bmcgc

Reaction score
Bunches of guys install the platinum's and are happy with them.

Im not doing any performance mods on this car as long as the misses wants it for her DD.

I would like some 3.55s or 3.73s but the 3.08s are going to have to do.

JKady

Reaction score
Bunches of guys install the platinum's and are happy with them.

Im not doing any performance mods on this car as long as the misses wants it for her DD.

I would like some 3.55s or 3.73s but the 3.08s are going to have to do.

That's because any new plug is better than crapped up worn ones. Car was engineered for copper plugs, put copper plugs in it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.