Spyders Engine Rebuild - 302 to 331

Spyder

Reaction score
well, i would suggest getting a stroker kit from summit or jegs. Usually forged pistons are minimum, but i would suggest getting forged rods too.

Then your gonna need some nice heads, so that your not starving the new stroker. I would suggest Trickflow or AFR

You gonna want a cam shaft to take advantage of the new setup, if i had to do it again, i would get a custom grind.

You would be better off with a new intake manifold as well as new throttle body and MAF. Maybe even injectors too

I would say that is about the basics, you can make it happen with a lot less, but if you doing a full rebuild, you might as well do it right the first time.

purplehaze

Reaction score
well i have a e303 cam,70mm tb,73mm meter,trick flow street intake,bbk long tubes, that i can probably use for my 331 right?as for the heads, i have a pair that i wanted to use and port match to my lower intake of the the trick flow, will this work help or do harm?whats the minimum size of injectors do i go with?thanks.

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
purplehaze said:
well i have a e303 cam,70mm tb,73mm meter,trick flow street intake,bbk long tubes, that i can probably use for my 331 right?as for the heads, i have a pair that i wanted to use and port match to my lower intake of the the trick flow, will this work help or do harm?whats the minimum size of injectors do i go with?thanks.
You might wanna start a new thread.

Spyder

Reaction score
Car actually runs great!!

Had a few surprising races over the past few weeks, not too mention its holding up real well in the Vegas heat.

Oh, keep this quiet, but i got over 30mpg when i moved from Salt lake to Vegas!!! :noes:

D Laf

Reaction score
:gtfo:

hold the phone! You got 30mpg in THAT beast?!?! dizamn!

Spyder

Reaction score
Well, im bringing this thread back from the dead.

The 306 has been taken apart and is back in the machine shop to get freshened up and get a little bump in compression. GOnna be looking at about 11:1 this time around. SHould be quite the little beast when thats all complete.

I hate to think about this, but im getting very tempted to sell the cobra this winter/spring.

But we will see what the fresh motor does when its all back together

Spyder

Reaction score
Well, just running the same NA combo that was there before, other than bumping the compression a little bit.

I may end up selling the car though, so nothing too drastic right now

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
didn't we take some pictures of the dissasemble?

Spyder

Reaction score
Hmm, i dont know if we did. You will ahve to check your camera and see.

5.0kid

Reaction score
wow, just read this whole topic! awesome thread guys! can't see the video though :(
How does the cobra intake work on that 331? i'm using a ported-lower, cobra for now on my 347 cause of the low-end torque they are supposed to have.

once again, great thread and get some more pics up if you can!

hottwheels04

Reaction score
fastNA 95GT said:
but its about how fast you go not how high you rev it

so i was happy with the performance

11.60s all day on motor with a car with full leather interrior with a set 26.8.5 15 slick on a 88 lincoln town car rim and dangled a 17 inch cobra wheel i dont think i did too bad

thats what im talking about full weight street car with leather seats running mid 11's n/a gotta love the ol pushrod :)

LAFENATU

Reaction score
5.0kid said:
How does the cobra intake work on that 331? i'm using a ported-lower, cobra for now on my 347 cause of the low-end torque they are supposed to have.

The GT40/Cobra design is a TORQUE monster.

Spyder

Reaction score
Well, just got some more parts to the machine shope.

Looks like the damage was a spun rear main bearing. Gonna be doing a line hone and slappin everything back together with some thinner head gaskets to take the compression to roughly 11:1.

Should have the long block back together in about a week or so, then Dalamar and I will be stuffing it back in. Just in time for the snow....yay

But, its looking more and more likely as though i will be letting her go this spring. Gotta get a house and getting started on the new secret weapon for the streets!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online