Spyders Engine Rebuild - 302 to 331

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
yea everywhere i look im seeing ppl talk about 28oz balancers for a 331... thats why im wondering :dunno:

Spyder

Reaction score
THanks guys

Well, i had a check engine light for a bit, but that problems has been sorted out. Timing is set at about 15* and she runs good

Hopefully this weekend i can talk dalamar into some friendly racing, off the bottle, and maybe we can get some video of it.

Hicks

Reaction score
Spyder said:
THanks guys

Well, i had a check engine light for a bit, but that problems has been sorted out. Timing is set at about 15* and she runs good

Hopefully this weekend i can talk dalamar into some friendly racing, off the bottle, and maybe we can get some video of it.

:noes: :noes: :noes:
Can't wait

97blackgt

Reaction score
Spyder said:
THanks guys

bring on the videos!! :dancing6:

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ya we can race, right after you come help clean up all the shit in my garage!

Drewstang

Reaction score
Trickflow.GT said:
yea everywhere i look im seeing ppl talk about 28oz balancers for a 331... thats why im wondering :dunno:
I think 347's use mainly 28 oz balancers and flywheels. 331's use the stock 50 oz setup.

hechtrod

Reaction score
Awesome! Glad you got it fired up. Curious to know the root cause of the no starty uppy?
Chris

Spyder

Reaction score
Sure did! She runs great now. The issue was.... my distributer was 180 off.... Lame I know. But its all good now

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Spyder said:
Sure did! She runs great now. The issue was.... my distributer was 180 off.... Lame I know. But its all good now

Hmmmm. I seem to remember someone suggesting the dizzy might be off . . . :pimp2:

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
i wanty more vids of that sexy thing!!!!!! Do a drive by orsomtin i wanna hear it!

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
fastNA 95GT said:
331 make more hp and rev higher and dont oiling problems. 347 make more torque usually but also last about 20k and need to be gone through again.

leaned al this after i bought mine

wrong wrong wrong and wrong :nonono:

actually....... RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT... 347 have too much piston speed.. A 331 WILL make more power...

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Trickflow.GT said:

Don't guess on this issue!! You need to match the balancer to the crank and flexplate/flywheel. Most 331s are 28 oz balance . . but you need to be sure, or you'll tear your motor up in a big hurry.

My 427 is 0 balance . . . if I had a weight on the flexplate or a balancer that was 28 or 50, the motor wouldn't last one pass down the strip.

purplehaze

Reaction score
NEED SOME HELP TO BUILD MY FIRST 331 DAILY DRIVER!!I HAVE A SPARE 302 BLOCK SITTING HERE IN MY GARAGE AND WANT TO GET THE 331 UNDERWAY!BUT I AM NEW TO THE STROKER KITS, DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD GET FORGED OR NOT, BUT MY GOAL IS TO KEEP IT ON A BUDGET AS I AM ALSO UPGRADING THE REST OF THE CAR!CAN ANYONE TELL ME ALL THE PARTS I NEED TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!REMEBER IM ON A SMALL BUDGET FOR THE MOTOR BUT WANT TO GET IT TOGETHER!THANKS GUYS!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online