squeaking from front?

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well turns out he must have aftermarket ones because the stockers arnt greasable...looks like I need new ball-joints might as well get a bumpsteer kit at the same time with new tie-rod ends.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
The factory ball joints on my pickup (79 f 150) werent greasable either. My dad had replaced one so i could grease it but the other was original so when i tore apart the front axle to put in new seals i replaced both with greasable ball joints. You will pry need access to a press to get them out (i did anyways). You can get them out other ways if needed but going a block and putting them on a hydralic press was so easy i did it that way. i think i ended up going back and having them repress one cuz it wasnt facing so i could not grease it or something :hammer:

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
FIXED SQUEAKING

WELL...I poked a small hole in the boot with a nail, got a can of lithium grease with the straw, injected it in, got in the car turned wheel, still squeaky. So I got a buddy to turn the wheel while I pumped it full of grease till it was shooting out and getting me in the eyes. Works great now. I just gotta get some silicone next time im out and go over the hole that I made. Give it a shot if your getting a squeak. Althought I just concider this a 'band-aid' to the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online