Stangman281v8 5.0 Vert Project

stangman281v8

Reaction score
After selling my 97 GT last summer, I have been itching to get something again. A few months ago, my friend who works at a Corvette dealership informed me that they took in a 1995 GT Vert on trade and was most likely going to send it to auction. The car has a few blemishes along with a few mechanical issues so I was able to get it on the cheap.

Here are a few pictures of when I picked it up.

IMG_1129_zpsa22jxzgp.jpg

The car has the following mods done: Catback exhaust, CAI, Lowering Springs, CC plates, Hotchkis Struts/shocks, Styling Bar, Projector Headlights, Saleen Wing.

The car runs a little rough and throws a lean code. This weekend I changed the plugs, wires, cap/rotor, EGR valve, fuel filter, and fixed vacuum leaks. The car runs better, but still not 100%. I am thinking their might be an exhaust leak, so I am going to look into that as well. I also changed out the cluster since the temp gauge wasn't working. I took the odometer and trip from my stock cluster and switched it over so the millage would be accurate with the car. I also did paint correction on the car and dipped the hood and wing since they are faded.

IMG_1252_zpsrfbvv7j9.jpg

IMG_1249_zpsny0lfpsq.jpg
HTML:
[IMG]http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac274/Race2Win88/1995%20Mustang%20GT/IMG_1253_zpstwif7mqa.jpg[/IMG]

I plan to get the car running right as well as upgrade any parts that need to be fixed/broken along the way. The car will go into storage soon for winter, but I plan on replacing the carpet since it is trashed along with completely detailing the interior. I also plan on cleaning the engine bay along with painting brackets, valve covers. I would like to find of 17" Ford OE Bullitt Wheels and brakes off of a 94-04 Cobra, Mach 1 or Bullitt. I don't have a set plan for the car, but it will be a fun project.

Point_Oh

Reaction score
It looks like you’ve got a good car to start out with. Good luck with the build. Keep us updated!

Subscribed

OP
OP
S

stangman281v8

Reaction score
While changing out the fuel filter last weekend, I noticed the rear tire was down to the cords. I picked up a set of 94/95 GT wheels with tires along with BBK Shorty Headers on Friday for $125!

I dipped the wheels since they were all scratched and beat up. The 94/95 GT will allow me to drive the car a few more weeks before I put it into storage. I switched out the rusty CAI with a stock airbox.

IMG_1262_zpshpsqxfho.jpg

OP
OP
S

stangman281v8

Reaction score
I was able to secure winter storage for the car at my friends garage. I found two dry rotted and disconnected hoses coming off the underside of the upper intake manifold. Since I have the upper intake off, I decided to paint the Cold Air, Throttle Body, Upper Intake as well as the valve covers. I am hoping to have everything done and put together this week.

I also picked up a new set of tires for the 17" 99 GT Wheels.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Looks like a great starting platform man! The paint looks to be in good shape from the photos. Keep us posted on the build progress

OP
OP
S

stangman281v8

Reaction score
I was able to work on the car a little last night. I painted the valve covers, intake, throttle body, and CAI. I also deleted the AC since it doesn't work and its a convertible. I also deleted the smog pump. The engine bay looks so much cleaner with those two things gone.

I ordered paint, and will be painting the mirrors, wing, hood, and strut tower brace.

unnamed%201_zpsz9zuuuqn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Firefighter181

Reaction score
Nice, kind of a familiar looking color combo also :)

I never used the a/c in mine either, removed for the same reason. The top on mine is up when it is stored or in the garage, if it was gone I probably would not really notice or care. Getting rid of those two things really makes a big difference with clutter in the engine bay.

OP
OP
S

stangman281v8

Reaction score
I haven't had much time to work on the car lately, but did a fuel pressure test on it. The test resulted in 12 PSI at the rail. I am going to get a new fuel pressure regulator tomorrow. If this doesn't work, I will pick up a new fuel pump. I picked up a 96-98 Cobra Hood yesterday that needs some work, but for $50, you can't beat the price. I will share images of the body work once I get it started.

OP
OP
S

stangman281v8

Reaction score
I finally had some time to work on the car. I changed out the fuel pump, cleaned fuel injectors, replaced the TPS and PCV. The cars runs awesome now.

I have also started body work on the hood, rear wing, and mirrors.

OP
OP
S

stangman281v8

Reaction score
I finally had time to finish the body work. I painted the hood, mirrors, and rear wing. I need to install the rear wing and the 96-98 tail lights. The next project is to body match the door cups and the strut tower brace.

[/IMG]

Kevin S.

Reaction score
Wow ! Did you paint those in your garage? Looks great man ! Good stuff !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online