Stealth Mare: from the begining

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
WARning!!

MOAR PICT-CHAHZ!!!!

found a good place to take some much needed pictures and the sun and lighting were forever in my favor

TO THA CAHHHHH

16%2B-%2B1

20160527_191254.jpg

20160527_191233.jpg

20160527_191116.jpg

20160527_191026.jpg

20160527_191002.jpg

20160527_190922.jpg

20160527_190836.jpg

20160527_190345.jpg

20160527_190327.jpg

20160527_190309.jpg

yayyyyy!!!

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Cutting springs is strictly forbidden on a racecar. Might want to change your iso and shutter speeds so that you dont get that washed out look. Or look into getting a uv filter. Itll help quite a bit

sent from the toilet or from my cubicle

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
Cutting springs is strictly forbidden on a racecar. Might want to change your iso and shutter speeds so that you dont get that washed out look. Or look into getting a uv filter. Itll help quite a bit

the cut springs will be a temporary thing until the front goes tubular. also im just using my phones camera so im pretty happy with what it can do. i would rather dish out 2500 in car parts than a camera ya know? also im loving your new sig brandon, its legit

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
the cut springs will be a temporary thing until the front goes tubular. also im just using my phones camera so im pretty happy with what it can do. i would rather dish out 2500 in car parts than a camera ya know? also im loving your new sig brandon, its legit
Im just messing with you man don't get soooo de....feeeennn...sive....haha..

MM or gtfo..just saying. No idea you were using a phone. Says a lot about the phone if i thought it was a dslr...and you can a camera for less than most car parts lol you should come to socal for some adventures. Itll be fun haha..but a long drive.

Thanks man!!

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Never heat up your springs though. Ill personally go up there and beat the shit out of you if you heat them up.

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
Im just messing with you man don't get soooo de....feeeennn...sive....haha..

MM or gtfo..just saying. No idea you were using a phone. Says a lot about the phone if i thought it was a dslr...and you can a camera for less than most car parts lol you should come to socal for some adventures. Itll be fun haha..but a long drive.

Thanks man!!

hah samsung galaxy s7 edge camera is no joke hahah, also im the type of person to explain situations, i dont really get offended lol. but yes, yes. you kid. you kid. lol so cal honestly isnt too far of a drive, but definitely a planned trip. even if the camera is like 10 bucks i still would be like... "well...for 10 bucks i can buy this sticker for the car..." lol

also im not too sure what i want to do when it comes to the temporary coilovers because in the long run im going to be going with the griggs gr40 system so it doesnt make sense to get something expensive to later take it off because im getting something...more...expensive. lol but thats what i have you guys for, you can help lead me in the right direction. i do agree that MM is good at what they do. i use their ss brake hoses and i will end up getting the phb and torque arm. maybe lcas too

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
Never heat up your springs though. Ill personally go up there and beat the shit out of you if you heat them up.

LOL the only heat they get is from outside temperatures hahah i know that its a big no-no to apply heat to the tiggers tail of jumpinessness

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
hah samsung galaxy s7 edge camera is no joke hahah, also im the type of person to explain situations, i dont really get offended lol. but yes, yes. you kid. you kid. lol so cal honestly isnt too far of a drive, but definitely a planned trip. even if the camera is like 10 bucks i still would be like... "well...for 10 bucks i can buy this sticker for the car..." lol

also im not too sure what i want to do when it comes to the temporary coilovers because in the long run im going to be going with the griggs gr40 system so it doesnt make sense to get something expensive to later take it off because im getting something...more...expensive. lol but thats what i have you guys for, you can help lead me in the right direction. i do agree that MM is good at what they do. i use their ss brake hoses and i will end up getting the phb and torque arm. maybe lcas too
I have the regular s7 and it has a good camera but its freaken picky on its lighting! If you come down, let me know. We can probably house you.

If you want my honest take, the SLA and watts link isnt worth the price. Its about 4 times the moment compared to the normal set up and will only cut your time by 2 seconds. IMO isnt worth it. Its obviously up to you, but i was on the same page as you and did a cost analysis and found that i can build a pretty bad ass motor for that price and gain more than 2 seconds. Only time 2 seconds matters is if youre getting paid for wins. But hey its up to you. Its a bad ass kit. I would love to have it, idk im not convince personally.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
LOL the only heat they get is from outside temperatures hahah i know that its a big no-no to apply heat to the tiggers tail of jumpinessness
Lol honestly heating up springs isnt that bad. Never understand why people make shits about it. Yes it weakens it. Yes it changes the properties and rates. But whatever. Did it to my 72 back in the day and took it to the track. Imo it did really well for a 40 yo car with original suspension and Drivetrain.

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
I have the regular s7 and it has a good camera but its freaken picky on its lighting! If you come down, let me know. We can probably house you.

If you want my honest take, the SLA and watts link isnt worth the price. Its about 4 times the moment compared to the normal set up and will only cut your time by 2 seconds. IMO isnt worth it. Its obviously up to you, but i was on the same page as you and did a cost analysis and found that i can build a pretty bad ass motor for that price and gain more than 2 seconds. Only time 2 seconds matters is if youre getting paid for wins. But hey its up to you. Its a bad ass kit. I would love to have it, idk im not convince personally.

yeah ill definitely let you know whenever im thinking of taking a trip down to socal, i appreciate the hospitality. hopefully there will be some events when im there too, thatd be pretty dope. engine wise i need my car to be putting 320/350 rwhp so i feel you on the 2 seconds. im REALLY needing more power in this car. my 98 had about 280/290 bay hp since i had the pi with the bumped compression and a nice intake and exhaust setup. thats what this car needs...right now she probably has 235ish bay.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
yeah ill definitely let you know whenever im thinking of taking a trip down to socal, i appreciate the hospitality. hopefully there will be some events when im there too, thatd be pretty dope. engine wise i need my car to be putting 320/350 rwhp so i feel you on the 2 seconds. im REALLY needing more power in this car. my 98 had about 280/290 bay hp since i had the pi with the bumped compression and a nice intake and exhaust setup. thats what this car needs...right now she probably has 235ish bay.
I totally understand the power. Im running maybe 200rwhp? With 2.73 gears.......lol

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
You need to come down for FFF or Ponies at the peak

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
I totally understand the power. Im running maybe 200rwhp? With 2.73 gears.......lol

lol my first track day i had the 273s and it wasnt that bad. i honestly kinda miss the 273s because my car was so much more driveable. yea the 410s are fun when i want to just blast the awesome sound of the 4v impersonating 2v in EVERYONES ear canals, but its too much for daily driving. lol lets trade hahah. when funds are as such ill be swapping out the 410s for 355s. but in the end if i can find a nice irs and build it itll be more to look at as "wasted" but hey, racecar lol

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
lol my first track day i had the 273s and it wasnt that bad. i honestly kinda miss the 273s because my car was so much more driveable. yea the 410s are fun when i want to just blast the awesome sound of the 4v impersonating 2v in EVERYONES ear canals, but its too much for daily driving. lol lets trade hahah. when funds are as such ill be swapping out the 410s for 355s. but in the end if i can find a nice irs and build it itll be more to look at as "wasted" but hey, racecar lol
A built irs will not be better than a built sra. They are pretty equal. The irs will just have a better ride. In terms of suspension. I would look at how the tracks are designed and do your gear that way because you dont want to top out mid way through a turn lol

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
A built irs will not be better than a built sra. They are pretty equal. The irs will just have a better ride. In terms of suspension. I would look at how the tracks are designed and do your gear that way because you dont want to top out mid way through a turn lol

theres just something about the irs that gets me though. i dont know what it is but it feels better to me. also i think running 355s or 373s are really the steepest i need to go until the day comes where i need to step it up or down. but with a coyote and a frpp tremec magnum 6 speed, which is whhheeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down the road, i think ill be good

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
theres just something about the irs that gets me though. i dont know what it is but it feels better to me. also i think running 355s or 373s are really the steepest i need to go until the day comes where i need to step it up or down. but with a coyote and a frpp tremec magnum 6 speed, which is whhheeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down the road, i think ill be good
With a 6 speed you can get away with 3.73. You gotta figure out what rpm will you at most amd match that with your power band

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
With a 6 speed you can get away with 3.73. You gotta figure out what rpm will you at most amd match that with your power band

lol youre getting ahead of myself hahah, when the day comes that were putting in the gr40 with a coyote and tremec we can figure all the small, greater details hahah, right now the more important thing, in the car variety, is getting a new daily so the 97 can go full fledged racecar

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
lol youre getting ahead of myself hahah, when the day comes that were putting in the gr40 with a coyote and tremec we can figure all the small, greater details hahah, right now the more important thing, in the car variety, is getting a new daily so the 97 can go full fledged racecar
Daily the race car. Problem solved. More money for racecar.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001