Stock to Cammed 4V NA Monster to 8 second True Street Build!

OP
OP
C

Chris_Scott

Reaction score
247581_10150263720369948_656049947_8972522_3798951_n.jpg

Proud owner of a sullivan intake that I'll just be using temporarily until the custom one gets to me. Should have it by the end of the week.

OP
OP
C

Chris_Scott

Reaction score
The day has come!

5794357799_041b2998bb.jpg

Opened it up...POPCORN!!
5794358761_4575d0ac79.jpg

...yea, no way am I going to get my intake out of there without making a huge fucking mess

5794915960_c47c3443fe.jpg

...said mess

and now..the money shots!!!

5794360621_990ca41bd7.jpg

5794917838_93c3d648a4.jpg

5794918910_60822303c3.jpg

Now THAT gentlemen...is the reason I went carbureted ;]

mikey94gt

Reaction score
sick man, great looking intake. Kinda reminds me of my Parker Funnelweb for 302w

OP
OP
C

Chris_Scott

Reaction score
Thanks man!!

Here's a few more pictures I just took as well..

5794673793_5c10dfd52c.jpg

and my favorite!

5794659755_b18051a5f9_b.jpg

OP
OP
C

Chris_Scott

Reaction score
So today I picked up a marauder coolant crossover. Only using about the bottom two inches of each of the inlet ports..then I will weld -16 male bungs right above the temperature sensors..

Not sure if I should have a small tab welded on that will bolt into the head to help it down to the head or if the o-ring will be sufficient [because I know how much of a PITA it is to pull that sucker off! haha]

Does anyone know what the material the oil cooler is made out of? aluminum I am guessing? I just need to make sure I buy the correct bung for it.

Also...I wasn't at ALL happy with how the guy treated me at the shop that I picked up the crossover tube from. When he walked out I went to go shake his hands as I introduced myself and he hesitated and almost seemed as if he wasn't going to even shake my hand!! Then whenever I would ask him a question about some custom piece that he had at the shop I was trying to pick up he refused to be helpful at ALL! and went as far to tell me 'I'm not here for your research or development, I'm here for me and my business only' :angry4: :angry4:

He was talking to me like I was some idiot and had no idea what was going on, and then of course he started spewing out the 'why are you doing this?!?' nonsense that I'm TIRED of hearing it. I'm doing it BECAUSE I CAN AND I WANT TO. This happens to me too much, most people think that I'm just some 16-17 year old punk spewing his mouth. Anyways I went back to give him his money....

in SINGLES :thefinger:

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Chris_Scott said:
So today I picked up a marauder coolant crossover. Only using about the bottom two inches of each of the inlet ports..then I will weld -16 male bungs right above the temperature sensors..

Not sure if I should have a small tab welded on that will bolt into the head to help it down to the head or if the o-ring will be sufficient [because I know how much of a PITA it is to pull that sucker off! haha]

Does anyone know what the material the oil cooler is made out of? aluminum I am guessing? I just need to make sure I buy the correct bung for it.

Also...I wasn't at ALL happy with how the guy treated me at the shop that I picked up the crossover tube from. When he walked out I went to go shake his hands as I introduced myself and he hesitated and almost seemed as if he wasn't going to even shake my hand!! Then whenever I would ask him a question about some custom piece that he had at the shop I was trying to pick up he refused to be helpful at ALL! and went as far to tell me 'I'm not here for your research or development, I'm here for me and my business only' :angry4: :angry4:

He was talking to me like I was some idiot and had no idea what was going on, and then of course he started spewing out the 'why are you doing this?!?' nonsense that I'm TIRED of hearing it. I'm doing it BECAUSE I CAN AND I WANT TO. This happens to me too much, most people think that I'm just some 16-17 year old punk spewing his mouth. Anyways I went back to give him his money....

in SINGLES :thefinger:
I think that guy needs a reality check... what a jerk. I almost wouldnt have given him money, but that would be stooping to his level. What shop is this? where is he?

Woody6799

Reaction score
quarters would have been better... then you could look up an say, "Sorry sir, but my parents give me my allowance in quarters..."

itsblue95

Reaction score
^^ I lol'd that would have been funny though. and i know how you feel chris everything i call some place and ask a question they act like they your wasting their time when you just want to know about their product

OP
OP
C

Chris_Scott

Reaction score
It's whatevers...I got a good deal on it. I'll save a lot more money than what I spent on picking it up, so I won't complain, lol.

I refer a lot of business to the shops that DO take care of me and really go above and beyond to help me out, he won't be one of them.

Hopefully by early/mid next week I'll have my engine bay complete! Just depends how fast I can find/order parts and have them get to me.

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Best of luck to you Chris. Sucks you have to deal with ass holes, our builds are somewhat similar atleast in blower selection and car selection, so i def. like checking out your thread when you post up new responses. WTF are people talking shit about your build or something? If they are more than likely they are just jealous of their inability to do what you are doing. Like i said best of luck and if you will be attending NMRA events next year maybe well meet!

Carlos "Knuckles"

OP
OP
C

Chris_Scott

Reaction score
Thanks man! Good luck with your build as well..looks to be coming along pretty sweet!

Just a quick little update... today I just put in my orders and picked up the following..

14" chrome air cleaner [which I'm going to paint black since it will be sticking through the hood]
sum-g3000_cp.jpg

Radiator cap which has the 'let-r-vent' feature on it
SNN-10331.jpg

Sending unit for a warning temperature light, it turns on @ 200* and shuts off at 170* ..this basically will make sure I don't forget to NOT turn on my radiator fan
atm-3247_w.jpg

Fuel gauge
atm-4318_w.jpg

Water Temp
atm-4337_w.jpg

I also picked up several AN weldable bungs.. -12 and -16 ..aluminum and steel
sum-220062_w.jpg

Cheapest fuel pressure gauge that I could find that will be mounted on my fuel log
mrg-1561_w.jpg

My Starter toggle [momentary switch]
prf-80501_w.jpg

Toggle extensions for my starter [I got them in both black and red]
AAF-ALL80168.jpg

I picked up 8' of -12 black pro-lite braided hosing

8 COPs

COP covers [which I'm going to wrap in carbon fiber...and eventually plan on just molding a set of 100% REAL cf covers]

Also I just paid for a bunch of -12 fittings that I found MADDD CHEAPP on eBay.

My throttle cable
328b_1_b.JPG

Also picked up a beautiful aluminum throttle cable bracket and a catch can for my radiator.

phewww!!

I'm also pending an auction to pick up my -16 radiator hose that was from a NASCAR Nationwide car.

Now I can't wait for everything to start coming in!

Also..figured out all the suspension parts that will be going on my car for the big build..just a sneak peak to show you..here are the shocks ;]

ohlins-dual-yellow.jpg

The quality and adjustability blows griggs out of the water with all the other components as well!

OP
OP
C

Chris_Scott

Reaction score
Some more pictures to share with you guys... Summit order came in today.

Now I should pretty much be able to finish up all my last wiring. Next few days I should be able to crank the engine over, test my gauge lights, test EWP, and my fuel pump.

5840999936_1bfd011a29_z.jpg

5840932236_87e53e856f_z.jpg

5840450425_e47b44710f.jpg

Next pictures I have should be when I have the coolant and fuel system are all installed on the car.

OP
OP
C

Chris_Scott

Reaction score
Thanks!!

So I got a lot of work done last night..mostly with getting all the gauges and lights wired in properly.

Here is an update picture of the engine bay...I wanted to wait until the engine bay was complete to share the next picture, but here is a little teaser! [couldn't help myself]

5849155550_6f370c48f6_z.jpg

OP
OP
C

Chris_Scott

Reaction score
5853251033_d00580d4c2_z.jpg

Decided to go ahead and take my crossover pipes back in to have a small tab welded on to it so that I can bolt it down to the head.

5855083105_0f033deb39.jpg

5855635378_ed1c5ce79e.jpg

5855636416_f6c24f1683.jpg

5855086075_a0ecdf7473.jpg

5855087001_4dee35f183.jpg

5855640300_2572ae6357.jpg

5855307917_4b9926324f.jpg

Got some work done the past few days.

Not cutting my hood anymore like I said before..I'm just going to pick up an extended cowl windshield and pin it on.

I have my wiring like 95% complete..all my gauges have their lights and wires running to them.

Tonight I'm going out of town and won't be back till sunday/monday ...so I'm going to head back out to the garage and get as much as possible complete in the next 3-4 hours.

I should be 100% done with the wiring by the time I leave town, so when I get back all that will be left is going through the car and cleaning everything out one last time and then torquing things down to the T.

-rinse out all my braided lines/hoses
-clean out the water puddle in my intake valves for my #3 cylinder
-changing the oil and pulling my valve covers off to 'pre-lube' my top end.
-rinsing out my fuel tank with lacquer thinner one final time
-install all the gaskets on the top end of my motor and bolt it all down
-install and run my alternator wire [when I finally receive that]
-rebuild my carburetor with new gaskets and change it out to the appropiate jets for a start up
-then wash the entire car and underside [spider webs, grass, and dust EVERYWHERE] and fire her up!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Canaryonvskf’s

Members online