Stop installing HID on your stang

Austinx56

Reaction score
I know I'm probably the only one here who thinks hids on cars that didn't come with them from the factory is a bit ricey, hell I had them in my stang when I was 16 to 18 years old, then removed them when all I saw was Honda civics running them. I'm sure this will stir the bees, so go ahead and let the hate flow you pro HID users lol
http://www.autotrader.com/car-news/...rket-hid-headlights-258582?LNX=SOMEDOUGENPOST

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MEH There have been a few soapbox queens over the years who were HID snobs and cried about this. You are not the first by a long shot. I had them in my Black Beauties and angled them down a bit. Didn't care about the look but the improvement in actually seeing what was in front of me was priceless.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
when they are done right in a correct projector they are great but yes I agree throwing them into your standard lenses and pointing them down and saying you hardly ever get flashed = eat a d$#%

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
If you put hids in a halogen housing..... your lights should meet a baseball bat. 99% of you blind oncoming traffic, so yeah.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
No one cares what you think

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

azurebluemach

Reaction score
I have LED's in my housings. They don't blind people, but they also don't shine down the road quite as far as halogen's do. I really like the crisp white light (not bluish light), plus I rarely drive my baby at night anymore lol. I wish the replacement housings (or the LED bulbs) would be designed specifically for LED lighting. The projector housing look funny to me because the size is so much bigger than the actual projector lens. It just doesn't look that good.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
They have to be done correctly like this:
HID-front.jpg

HID-closeup.jpg

DSC_0440.jpg

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?727763-03-Cobra-HID-Projector-Retrofit

I did a projector HID conversion on my 96 GT and ran them for about 5+ years. They looked great and provided plenty of lighting. The only issue I had was that the 55w ballasts kept shorting one of my relays which made it difficult for them to turn on which turn into a reliability issue. I went back to stock and put OE style smoked cobra head lights from LMR.

I am going to do a retrofit for my 02 GT because I loved the styling and lighting but I have other issues to worry about first.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
cheap ballasts have always been an issue mainly because people didn't want to pay for the quality kits. I had seen a few that felt nice and heavy as though you would think they were a quality product but.....
b52137b6-08b2-4ac4-9ac4-3ca7b24bd2a6_zpsospkqyd4.jpg

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I have my stock housing hid headlights pointing straight into the sky, so I can call Batman with them.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
cheap ballasts have always been an issue mainly because people didn't want to pay for the quality kits. I had seen a few that felt nice and heavy as though you would think they were a quality product but.....

Is that a DDM kit? If not that is pitiful that they fill it up with sand/gravel, unless thats how its suppose to come..wow! Makes sense now.

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Guilty. I got them too but only because I love the cool white look. The beam from HIDs inside regular housings really does suck ass. I have them aimed all the way down. Sooner or later I'll do a real quality kit. What saves me is my car is not a daily and rarely I get caught at night.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I think we all been there. I use to run a pair of DDM Tuning HID KITS in my headlights and foglights. The headlights were smoked so the light out put was terrible. This was back in pre-2008 days.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had DDM years ago and yes they had issues not working. I am not sure what brand that is that has the sand in it as that is a pic I cam across but if you get a quality kit there isn't an issue. Everyone has a little different idea what quality costs....

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score

Now there's a novel approach at fully potting an electrical device.

Above118

Reaction score
Ive ran them in all my sn95...aimed down,never once got flashed back......my 14v6 came stock,flashed all the damn time! factory they were just aimed to high.
as far as my 16 5.0,zero issues so far.

azurebluemach

Reaction score
Ive ran them in all my sn95...aimed down,never once got flashed back......my 14v6 came stock,flashed all the damn time! factory they were just aimed to high.
as far as my 16 5.0,zero issues so far.

Aren't the housings in the 2016's made for HID's? Or is that an option?

Thomas_W

Reaction score
I've got HID's in my lifted 02 F150. Never get flashed.. granted they are retrofitted projectors.

The 99GT has single beam HIDs and they suck ass. New housings are already here, i just need the $$$ for the projector retrofit

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online