strut question

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
I don't have a manual trans I have an automatic and I need a throttle/accelerator cable not clutch cable unless there the same parts. Mines comes off the accelerator cam when I turn it to full throttle plus there's wire showing through the shielding on both cables that hook up to the throttle body and the one on the outside that had the plastic clip that snaps on keeps coming off for some reason as well

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Not to me I get home around this time I can't hardly find those cables around here especially since Ford discontinued them years ago. I really need someone close to where I live that knows these motors and car that can look over it for me to let me know whats what with it.

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
The reviews aren't very good for it I think it's more for people who've done a carb swap instead. I think I have pictures on here of how my cable looks in another thread. If not I can post them here. It doesn't look quite as bad as it now but don't know how it's supposed to look for sure I thought it was way too loose and that might be part of the reason but don't know for sure now. It'll get to around 4000 sometimes in drive but don't know if that's the cable or the trans and torque converter being on there last leg.

Jgehret

Reaction score
I may be getting in a 95 gt automatic to part out here shortly. If I get it I'll let ya know

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Don't know how well y'all can tell from this pic but this is how far the cable drops when turning the cam to full throttle nor if its normal

87hurricane

Reaction score
The cable has no tension on it when you turn the throttle by hand. It will be tight when you push the gas pedal because the cable is pulling the throttle open.

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Yea I found out putting an cinder block on the gas pedal and looking at the cable and throttle body butterfly both open all the way so it's not the cable. My buddy who does Allison trans said sounds like clutches or something is seized in my trans causing strain on the motor causing issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online