Sub Enclosure Questions....

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I have a box that I got a while back specifically to fit the SN95 convertible trunk. I have two 12" pioneers in there. The amp is behind the box, so you can't see it.

1010810_10100106448054612_1657536146_n.jpg

I was gonna get those slim pioneers for my old vert. I couldn't get anything, even my 15s, to sound good in that vert.... How you liking them in yours?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
haha.. that's cool... I don't wanna put a big heavy set up in the back.. I'm still getting used to driving the thing...

Si

Yupp literally paid $40 for sub and box. Got the sub from a friend tho. The amp was about $250 haha. It's a good little setup that weighs about the same as the spare tire.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Contact the man himself . Concept Enclosures . Kentucky just look him up on Google. Hell Sold one of my cars just because of the box he built for it LOL. stay thirsty my friends :)

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Also there is a way to make 15's fit in the trunk of a 99-04 mustang its called cutting haha did it to mine its time consuming and you have to know what your doing ( Just somewhat not all the way most of it is on good faith ) and have a few blades for the old jigsaw and a couple dremel cutting wheels and you will have king kong in yo trunk before you know it .

sneaky98gt

Reaction score
You can always build a custom fiberglass enclosure. That's what I did; it fits up perfect in the back left corner by the tail light, faces the middle, and comes out to the little plastic piece holding the Mach 460 amp. It's a little work, but if done right, it looks and sounds great. Plus it's super light-weight (sub and box are <15 pounds). I'll try and take some pictures tomorrow.

Also, contrary to popular belief, with a good quality amp, sub, and box, a single 10 will make plenty of boom for most people. I have a 10" Pioneer with an Alpine amp, and it sounds awesome. Plenty loud, and extremely clean.

Nightmare

Reaction score
Stay away from those tube things. I had a custom box (made for 94-04 stangs) put in. my trunk with 2- 10" JBL subs. Had an amp mounted to the rear of the back seats. Shit bumps hard. Not ghetto bass, clean and loud. Oh and JL makes some sick subs. You could get 1- 12" JBL in a sealed box you'll go deaf in no time!

I agree, get a custom box made for your car. It will just look better. I had one made for my car that fir a 12 and the Alpine v12 amp...I ended up selling it because I missed having the trunk space....what little there is in a Mustang.

99GreenStang

Reaction score
I have 2 memphis comp 10's in a slot port box tuned at 35hz with a digital alpine amp and 4 alpine type r 6x9 with a Oldschool alpine competition deck and a fierce cap and I have had to reseal the box twice with the amp on low and used 2 1/2 inch sheetrock screws it pushed them out ! My friends have 15's and 12's and all these 5000 watt amps and when i crank mine you better like what im playing cause thats all you gonna hear lol .

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I have 2 memphis comp 10's in a slot port box tuned at 35hz with a digital alpine amp and 4 alpine type r 6x9 with a Oldschool alpine competition deck and a fierce cap and I have had to reseal the box twice with the amp on low and used 2 1/2 inch sheetrock screws it pushed them out ! My friends have 15's and 12's and all these 5000 watt amps and when i crank mine you better like what im playing cause thats all you gonna hear lol .

Lmao when ever anyone sits in the back seat, they like go deaf. The bass is loud and clean, but has enough punch to make your hair stand up and give you the chills haha. I always said you ready ? - for what? turns the radio up, ahh nice quiet passengers lmao

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score

Reseal the box for two 10's? If your ported enclosure is making enough pressure to blow seals on the box you either have a poorly built box or a world record holding spl vehicle...

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Read up on it im not the first to have to reseal the box its nearly impossible to have to do it when you have competition subs especially with Memphis being the quality it is . The slot port comes from the back and extends out from the front the pressure inside the chambers before it escapes made me reseal the top once but nothing more . Also it has pushed 2 1/2 sheetrock screws out before my system nor box is poorly built nice try though . I know what your saying about passengers though lol I remember having 3 chicks in the back and they all started babbling on and i was like F!! cranked it and smiled and drove lol they were like well damn .. Haha was priceless . no offence on comments just didnt appreciate your comment saying my stuff was poorly built me knowing that it isnt and suggesting its impossible for a set of 10's to accomplish this when they bring the best of both worlds of highs and lows . no arguements please . LOL

SVTstang96

Reaction score
what about something like this? its 2 12" SUBS, and amp, and a custom built box. I have all the specs for it if you would like to do it yourself.

198480_1830448395193_4197248_n.jpg

197607_1830446155137_1360875_n.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isaac cerr

Members online