Summit Seat Mounting

TanTop94

Reaction score
I just got these new seats and was wondering if you all have worked any way out to mount them to the stock brackets or if I should just buy the adapter and bracket from Summit and just call it a day. I have looked around and haven't really found very solid info...most are putting two small aluminum bars across and redrilling the seats to then mount them to the bars and the bars to the stock slider/bracket. Ehh. Others just say they drilled out the stock bracket and thats all they had to do.

I looked through some threads of people who had these seats so anyone who does or had them please jump in and give me some info.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think [MENTION=10997]g36 monkey[/MENTION] has those seats. Maybe he can help.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This is from his old build thread:

DSC08056.jpg

DSC08057.jpg

If you can tell, these are the stock SN95 seat brackets, I just took the slider out from between them. I used to stock large rivet hole after separating them from the sliders with a grinder.

They are primed and painted with a rust protective paint just for peace of mind :)

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I believe [MENTION=11138]joekd[/MENTION] had summit seats in his 96 GT. Maybe he used the stock frames idk .

joekd

Reaction score
I did have summit seats, I used Corbeau bases though. Even with those I had to drill new holes to mount them.

OP
OP
TanTop94

TanTop94

Reaction score
My seats came with solid mounts but they don't work with our floor and the guy had cut them for the nova he had so I think I should be able to figure out how to drill new mounts on the stock brackets. Ill post up any more info guys thanks for the help:)

OP
OP
TanTop94

TanTop94

Reaction score
In need of alittle more assistance...So I grinded and punched on the two main rivets that were holding the sliders to the brackets...now I still cant get them apart and I expect the culprit to be what looks like 2 very small rivets on the back of the brackets. If I grind them I feel like it will weaken the brackets to much, Im guessing I need to drill it but anyone have any ideas?

Pic included..

Caboose302

Reaction score
I had those seats. I used the stock rails and had to drill new holes in the floor on one side to mount them. Took them out because they moved the seat over to far and it was rubbing the door. Drove me nuts.

OP
OP
TanTop94

TanTop94

Reaction score
I had those seats. I used the stock rails and had to drill new holes in the floor on one side to mount them. Took them out because they moved the seat over to far and it was rubbing the door. Drove me nuts.

Yeah, I can see why they would do that using the stock sliders. Thats why Im just trying to seperate the stock sliders from the mounting brackets and just modify that from there. Im just having trouble trying to get these last two "rivets" I guess out cause I dont want to butcher the mount and make it useless cause it wont be very strong. I think Ill have to drill it but I like others opinions before I do something I cant go back on.

joekd

Reaction score
Sorry but can't help you, since I used Corbeau bases I never touched my stock ones, just left them mounted to the seats when I pulled them from the car

Caboose302

Reaction score
I sold them to my buddy who was making a bracket that made the fit evenly in the car. Ill have to see how far he is with that and see if I can get some pictures.

mavisky

Reaction score
I have the Scat by Procar seats in mine that Summit sells. Used their brackets, but had to modify them to keep my head off of the headliner. As you can see in this image the base of the seat sat much higher out of the box even though i was using the lowest possible mounting point provided.

chaos254

Reaction score
I also used corbeau brackets. For some reason my summit seats mounting holes were way off so I had to use some 3/16 steel and mounted the seats to that and then to the corbeau brackets

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online