Supercharger compression ratio

OP
OP
Jayjayducky2001

Jayjayducky2001

Reaction score
Forced induction is cool and all. Kinda of expensive. Researching the money spent for a different engine platform might reveal a better option.

Them gen3 coyotes are really pumping out power. The trailer queen coyote stock drag racers are running consistent :098 quarters now. Some have pulled :096 all while at the class rules set min weight. Which i do believe is a little over 3000lb. A street mustang set up really good for straight line performance wouldnt have any problems producing 10sec quarter mile times.

Just an idea
With the proper clutch, transmission
pretty sure the KB is rebuildable like most.
Most likely but I haven't been able to find anything for it as it was discontinued years ago. I also looked at the vortech system but I'm definitely leaning more towards the procharger

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I wanted to go with the procharger myself, but after I did the scottrod engine panels I wasn't sure there would be enough room between the supercharger and the panels, and then I came across a great deal on the vortech V3. $2500 for a kit that was brand new, the guy only took the box apart enough to oogle the supercharger itself before putting it back and then wrecking the car before he installed it.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I was going to go with a Kennebell supercharger but all the ones I can find for my year are used and I'd prefer something brand new so procharger kit it is

I was going to go with a Kennebell supercharger but all the ones I can find for my year are used and I'd prefer something brand new so procharger kit it is
I am currently checking the status on kenny bell making some for 94 95
I did tell them to keep me in the loop
I want one for my 95

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
pretty sure the KB is rebuildable like most.
They dont currently have the parts
But I do keep in touch with one of the guys
Hopefully its a go for making a few

They did some for 88 93 but brackets are different along with idler pulleys

OP
OP
Jayjayducky2001

Jayjayducky2001

Reaction score
I wanted to go with the procharger myself, but after I did the scottrod engine panels I wasn't sure there would be enough room between the supercharger and the panels, and then I came across a great deal on the vortech V3. $2500 for a kit that was brand new, the guy only took the box apart enough to oogle the supercharger itself before putting it back and then wrecking the car before he installed it.
How do you like the Vortech V3?

OP
OP
Jayjayducky2001

Jayjayducky2001

Reaction score
Tomorrow as you read this I will be starting up a brand new 347 w/ all scat H beam internals and custom 8.5 CP pistons. built on a 96 explorer block and heads and a B303 cam. ( not the best but ??) it's a single on 3 turbo w/ a small turbo. if it does not run out of air I suspect it to make 800hp.
As long as I tune safe it should be OK.
My personnel daily driver is detuned to be safe at around 690-700 hp. its made 765 on pump 93. so yeah its not so hard.
I once did a stroked 4.6 on a 2004 that was Procharged and made 420 rwhp. I was not impressed. But?????
Yeah not a huge fan of the 4.6 motor that's why I got a 94 with the 5.0 and yeah tuning is the biggest thing when it comes to making safe/reliable power

tvsn95

Reaction score
Mine has a T56 mag . rather expensive conversion but I really like this one. be warned that a killer clutch and hard shifts beak stuff,,even the good stuff.
I use a Mclode RXT twin. they replaced my RST clutch twice . its very weak. I like the RXT but it broke my TKO600. so be carfull

TrickVert

Reaction score
How do you like the Vortech V3?
Weighing in, I like my V2/SQ on my '95. I'm at 10PSI with 400RWHP (corrected). When... err.... if I keep my foot out of it, the only way I know it's there is the whistle from the bypass vale at 2000 RPM. Drivability is absolutely stock-feeling. While the off-idle torque of a KB would be a lot of fun, I can also appreciate the smooth power delivery of the centrifugal as the revs build (which is less apt to break things).

Rons95GT

Not a new member
Reaction score
I have a Paxton Novi 2000 on my built 331, running 10 pounds of boost. Mine made 515 rwhp on a conservative tune. I’m still having some issues with the tune though. Hard to start sometimes and surging idle until warm.

Mr horsepower

Reaction score
If you are looking to make over 600 RWHP, You are going to spend alot of money to do it the right way or you will be plaing a game I like to call "Find The Weakest Link" for years to come.

You could also put a basic Procharger or Vortech kit on it and have fun.

Going where you are talking about going will require. How do I know, benn there done that got all the tee shirts and spend a shitload of money figureing it all out.

Upgraded block: - Go with 4.125 bore to unshroud the valves. 4.125 x 3.25 will give you big bore 347.
Upgraded forged / balanced rotating assembly
Pistons, pins, Rings
ARP Studs & Bolts
Heads Cam, Lifters, valvetrain, Etc
Intake to support your power level.
Rear control arms, front and rear adjustible shocks, chassis stiffening and integrated sub frames.
Fuel System, Pumps, Lines Injectors, Regulator, Reails, Etc
If it is a 5 speed, you will need, trans, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft
Gears, Axles, Wheels Tires, Etc.

The problem with building up a 95 GT or Cobra, is these cars were designed to support 250 flywheel horsepower, when you put 600+ rear wheel horsepower, things break and as you fix each, the next thing down the line breaks - Hence the "Find The Weakest Link Game"

My first build was 650 RWHP, ran that Street Strip for 3 Years and learned alot of lessions, the second build was 800RWHP also street and strip.

A Few Pic of the second build.

IMG_0808.jpgIMG_0807.jpgIMG_0804.jpgIMG_0805.jpgIMG_0806.jpgDSC00801.JPGDSC00808.JPGDSC00812.JPG DSC01532.JPGFinal Engine Assembly9 3-22-09.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you are looking to make over 600 RWHP, You are going to spend alot of money to do it the right way or you will be plaing a game I like to call "Find The Weakest Link" for years to come.

Going where you are talking about going will require. How do I know, benn there done that got all the tee shirts and spend a shitload of money figureing it all out.

Upgraded block: - Go with 4.125 bore to unshroud the valves. 4.125 x 3.25 will give you big bore 347.
Pistons, pins, Rings
ARP Studs & Bolts
Rear control arms, front and rear adjustible shocks, chassis stiffening and integrated sub frames.

The problem with building up a 95 GT or Cobra, is these cars were designed to support 250 flywheel horsepower, when you put 600+ rear wheel horsepower, things break and as you fix each, the next thing down the line breaks - Hence the "Find The Weakest Link Game"

My first build was 650 RWHP, ran that Street Strip for 3 Years and learned alot of lessions, the second build was 800RWHP also street and strip.

View attachment 13890View attachment 13891View attachment 13893View attachment 13894View attachment 13895View attachment 13896View attachment 13897View attachment 13898 View attachment 13899View attachment 13892
how you got builds like this and only put up 4 posts in 10 years?

OP
OP
Jayjayducky2001

Jayjayducky2001

Reaction score

Pistons, pins, Rings
ARP Studs & Bolts

View attachment 13890View attachment 13891View attachment 13893View attachment 13894View attachment 13895View attachment 13896View attachment 13897View attachment 13898 View attachment 13899View attachment 13892
Oh yeah I know it'll be a lot of money and a lot of work I just wasn't sure what compression ratio worked best with these cars that's all. Like when I built my jetta it really liked 8.5:1 compression ratio to make around 450 whp sadly didn't finish that build but here I am now with my mustang and I couldn't be happier

Mr horsepower

Reaction score
Id say at least 9:1 C/R. Again that all depends on all the parts and pieces you are going to use. As someone else said 8.5:1 is going to give you a lazy motor down low.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online