Supercharger questions

07GtS197

Reaction score
So after a lot of thought I think I’m going to keep my 02 gt and I’m thinking about superchanging it instead of coyote swapping it due to cost and I like the idea of boost better. Anyway I’m looking at a few kits and have some questions.

Intercooled vs non intercooled. I know what the benefits are but is it totally worth it for 8 lbs or less of boost?

Tuner kits. Is it worth it to buy a tuner kit and buy my own fuel components? And what size pulley does it come with? Also who does remote tuning for supercharged 2v’s? There may be a local tuner but he’s still an hour away and I have no way of trailering it there.

What maf and fuel system components would I need for say around 350-400 hp?

I couldn’t find a lot of info on it, thanks for any replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outdare

Reaction score
There is a lot of info for superchargers out there. I'm not a expert so I'll say this, You will enjoy the 8lb boost for a couple of months them you will want more. HP is addictive. When you look at a system get one that can be upgraded. I had a Procharger, with it I could change the pulley and increase boost. Having a intercooler with the original purchase will save you money down the road. Same goes with fuel injectors. You can tune for what you have.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
what are the plans for the car are you wanting a little higher power DD or an occasional track day? What kind of track?

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you would see the intercooler between the intake and the supercharger if there were one. Vortech makes one for the modulars but I thought I heard it was not the best because of where it mounts. I have seen people plumb a kit to go to the front but its not something that is easy to do. There is always meth to help temps

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
There isn’t a good pic on their site but for the price I would say it’s not intercooled.

I’m aware of the differences, I’m looking for a centri for the stock like drive ability until you hammer it. Plus it’s a stock bottom and and I don’t want to window the block lol.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
So after a lot of thought I think I’m going to keep my 02 gt and I’m thinking about superchanging it instead of coyote swapping it due to cost and I like the idea of boost better. Anyway I’m looking at a few kits and have some questions.

Intercooled vs non intercooled. I know what the benefits are but is it totally worth it for 8 lbs or less of boost?

Tuner kits. Is it worth it to buy a tuner kit and buy my own fuel components? And what size pulley does it come with? Also who does remote tuning for supercharged 2v’s? There may be a local tuner but he’s still an hour away and I have no way of trailering it there.

What maf and fuel system components would I need for say around 350-400 hp?

I couldn’t find a lot of info on it, thanks for any replies.

When I was looking for one
Kenny bell was the only one I could use
Because of the head set up
But if were looking I would get one that is an easy install roots and makes decent horse power and parts are available and at the right price
I am actually pretty satisfied with my Kenny bell
I can change out the pulley and get more out of it
It is an easy set up

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
I’ll look around some more, Ive really only been looking on our venders sites. Years ago when I had my first 2v I remember the tork tech kits. Apparently they still make them. That’s another option.

Boostr1

Reaction score
Kenne Bell 2.1 intercooled. Kit comes with everything. Get the 90mm Lightning MAF (They sell it on their site as well), and for fitability get their CAI.

It comes with an 8lb pulley, and you can upgrade all the way to 14lbs (but that's the limit for this size SC) if you want more power.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Kenny bell are twin screw
I may get one for my 95 5.0
if I can find a used one and rebuild it
if not I seen one guy convert an eaton to a 5.0
he made a base plate that would fit its all testing

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
I don’t have Facebook anymore. I hear they’re good for parts but that’s it lol. I’ve never been part of one myself.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I hear you about fb. Tons of left field garbage. Ill say their has been an influx of supercharger sales lately

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
I think it’s because everyone is dropping them in favor of coyote swapping their cars. I’d like to do the same but I think a supercharger would be cheaper and easier.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I tried calling kenny bell the other day
Just checking to see if they have any parts for the 5.0
The guys told me thay are swamped with orders
You also have remember that they build for dodge and Chevy as well

95opal

Reaction score
Vortech is about as easy as it comes when it comes to install. Even if it isnt intercooled you can add your own set up to it or run meth. With the boost level your looking to run i wouldnt be to concerend with the intercooler. Heck you can even run a 25 hit of n2o to cool the charge but again running 8# or less is no biggie.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking too but then again the ambient temps in Florida are so high that the iats will be crazy and pull a lot of timing. That’s my worry about not having an intercooler.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have not heard much bad about procharger other than there is a more involved install with the intercooler.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online