supercoupe motor

x182dan

Reaction score
slow_v6_stang said:
also to prevent head gasket issues...buy 99-04 ford 3.8 head gaskets and use ARP head studs and use ARP's torque specs

yup chebby head studs

Doc_G

Reaction score
x182dan said:
what you don't want to do is throw a tbird blower on your 3.8na engine. it will last for a few miles then boom. Whoever said scs eat headgaskets its very true but they don't blow them any more than a 3.8na would. Theres a few precautions that you could do to help them headgasket issue. I would use your factory stang headers since they are a lot better than factory sc ones. Mark my words one day I'm gonna buy a notchback and throw an sc motor in it. I figure 330pnds of torque at 2300rmps in a notchback would be a hellava ride and thats just a stock 94sc motor. Best of all is you can use a stock 5.0 t5 tranny to bolt to the 3.8 motor.

Not sure where you get your info from but a PROPERLY prepped block will hold up to the m90 just fine. It has been proven (quite a few times actually) that you CAN put the top end on the mustang block and that if its done properly there will be no issues. Check w/a few folks over at v6power.com They can verify/validate everything Ive just said.

x182dan

Reaction score
I dare you to throw a tbird blower/intake on a stock 3.8na motor it won't last for a week. I'm said stock 3.8na motor I didn't say built of course a built motor is totally different. To use the 3.8na motor will atleast need the 3.8sc head, blower, intake, and a slew of other parts, but still its proven that the na motor won't hold up long

slow_v6_stang

Reaction score
oh c'mon, the blower worked fine on my n/a engine. i made it a good 5 miles down the road before my piston went thru my cylinder wall...

v6mustang94

Reaction score
slow_v6_stang said:
oh c'mon, the blower worked fine on my n/a engine. i made it a good 5 miles down the road before my piston went thru my cylinder wall...

And it would have went further if your piston wasn't fucked already.

x182dan

Reaction score
v6mustang94 said:
slow_v6_stang said:

you do realize that the supercoupe has a better lower end assembly right? The new hot thing to do is use 2.8 chevy headstuds, atleast thats the crazy on sccoa right now. read this http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88192&highlight=stang

v6mustang94

Reaction score
x182dan said:
v6mustang94 said:
slow_v6_stang said:

you do realize that the supercoupe has a better lower end assembly right? The new hot thing to do is use 2.8 chevy headstuds, atleast thats the crazy on sccoa right now. read this http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88192&highlight=stang

Yes I am aware of that.

You don't know the background of what happened to slow v6 stang. He did a top end swap and 5 miles does the road his motor blew. After pulling the thing apart they found a fucked up piston (#4 i think). His mechanic said that it looked like the piston was in a rough condition already and was about to go anyways and that the boost just gave it an extra push so that it happened sooner.

But I'll stop talking now since it happened to slow v6 stang and not me.

x182dan

Reaction score
Funny thing is I didn't realize that the guy from that thread on sccoa is the guy on this thread.

slow_v6_stang

Reaction score
yeah, i beleive that piston #4 already had a hairline crack in it before the blower install (judging by the carbon deposits on the break). its still nice having the complete super coupe engine, knowing that the engine is built for boost. it just kinda put a good dent in my wallet...

v6mustang94

Reaction score
blackstalion232 said:
iam located in farmington i would like just the motor and wiring but willing to take whole car if price is right

I think I might be going a slightly different direction with my project. It's not a sure thing yet, but if it is would you be interested in my m90 parts? I'd sell you the heads, pullies, intake manifold, m90, intercooler, piping, throttle body, and air intake. Just about everything you'd need for the top end swap. The parts are from the 94-95 style m90 to.

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Cool.

You'll be the first person I go to once I figure out what I'm going to do.

Doc_G

Reaction score
x182dan said:
I dare you to throw a tbird blower/intake on a stock 3.8na motor it won't last for a week. I'm said stock 3.8na motor I didn't say built of course a built motor is totally different. To use the 3.8na motor will atleast need the 3.8sc head, blower, intake, and a slew of other parts, but still its proven that the na motor won't hold up long

Feel free to go back and re-read my post... nowhere did I say anything about a built motor. I said PROPERLY PREPPED MOTOR. Its simple... tear down your n/a block, inspect it for any damages, have it cleaned and what ever parts that need replacing, replace it. The stock mustang v6 engine will hold up to the boost. The only fear I'd have for the stock n/a block would be the crank and the increased pressure on the pulley. If a stock block will hold up to the 12-15 psi put thru it w/a turbo, I am more than confident the 9-12 psi the stock m90 puts thru it wont cause it to implode.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online