sway bars?- front, or front and rear?

Discussion in 'Suspension and Brakes' started by snowman23, Jan 19, 2016.

1. snowman23

snowman23 New Member

first off, thanks for reading. My car is lowered with the FRPP B springs, this definitely improved the handling. I am looking for a little less roll in the corners of daily driving. I am thinking of changing the sway bars. Is it recommended to do front and rear for a street car or just the front. I keep getting differing opinions.

Thanks

2. ttocs

ttocs Legend

have you only changed the springs or what kind of shocks/struts are on it?

3. snowman23

snowman23 New Member

I have the Ford Racing B Springs and the shocks are all new as well- they are stock replacements that Ford Racing recommended when I called for the best match to the springs as well as no loss in ride quality- I believe they are Monroe. I am just looking for a little more "planted" feel and therefore less roll in the corners. The car is a DD.

4. B.mad

B.mad Well-Known Member Preferred Vendor

Higher spring rates can help you with the roll. If you're going to do sway bars do both, but make sure that your set up is balanced properly. You can look into getting subframe connectors for chassis flex.

5. ttocs

ttocs Legend

I am happy with the rear sway bar I just installed from steeda. Its nice because you keep the stock sway bar and then add this one with some brackets on the axle and 4 holes where it bolts to the frame. After that you can tighten it up for more, or loosen it for less.
    [​IMG]
    If i remember correctly it is also a little cheaper then the other since it is not as big/heavy/sturdy since it goes in addition to the stock bar.
    [​IMG]

6. RichV

RichV Well-Known Member

^ Interesting setup Scott, haven't seen that one yet.

Do both swaybars, Eibach or ST makes kits that balances front and rear. I run a GT up front and a Cobra bar out back and it works well, however my springrates are higher than most street cars.

Shocks are crucial in the setup as well, B spring is nothing too stiff, but a nice set of Bilsteins and a PHB would definitely help the handling for daily driving. :D

7. wmfateam

wmfateam Active Member

I started out with both these rear bars as well. Removed the factory bar and will be pulling the Steeda. For autocross it really helped me rotate the car. Now as a road course car, it rotates too much. And that is fully back off. May be piting it up for sale of my testing goes well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

8. snowman23

snowman23 New Member

Thanks for the reply. The shocks are what Ford Racing recommended when i called before ordering the springs- no not Bilsteins LOL but getting the job done. It's funny you suggested Eibach and ST- those are the two that I was looking at since they do come as a pair and therefore are made to work together (at least I assume).

9. snowman23

snowman23 New Member

I may be new to this, but I too have not seen that setup....I am not looking for adjustable though- but have had nothing but good luck with Steeda!!

10. snowman23

snowman23 New Member

Considering the roads around here (potholes everywhere) and that I drive my family around, higher rate springs / going any lower wasn't in the cards and that is how I ended up with the B springs, which I really like. I plan on doing SFC too, but for the extra couple hundred, figure that the sway bars should help! Thanks for the reply

11. ttocs

ttocs Legend

Not sure how long its been out but it seems like a well made kit. I would love to get into some SCCA or anything really so I wanted the adj.

12. neverenuff

neverenuff Active Member

Tokico, Koni, and Bilsteins, can't go wrong with them and they allow you to add a coil over later on. Monroes are okay but it is just a stock replacement.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk