T shifter handles in a manual

98BlackGT

Reaction score
so ive been thinking of purchasing a T-Handle Shifter for my stang which is a manual, anyone have one? to do it or not, FYI I have a mgw short throw ill be installing too.

miss.mod.50

Reaction score
its just personal preference. I had a hurst t-handle for about a month in my 88 but didnt like the feel of it so swapped it back out for factory.

joekd

Reaction score
Same here, I had one in my fox and hated it

cobraracer46

Reaction score
T handles look like shit in my opinion. If you still have a 5 speed in your car, I would go with the Ford racing shift knob as I think it's the nicest looking one.
161-m-7213-g.jpg

In my Cobra with a T56 6 speed, I have the FRPP Terminator knob and I like it a lot. I will not change it ever.
M-7213-B__66795.1302650213.1280.1280.jpg

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Been looking for a T-handle. Can't find any. Everybody seems to sell ball handles. T-handles are old school. I like old school, and everybody plus grandma has a ball handle.

US Soldier(stang 98)

Reaction score
i have a Hurst T handle that was in my dads 72 Chavelle when he was in high school... i had it in my 82 hatch when i was in high school for about two weeks and ended up taking it off..... i love the look of the T handle but there just not my cup of tea for diving....

OP
OP
98BlackGT

98BlackGT

Reaction score
I have a GT ball handle in mine which I like, but I wanted to try out a t-handle for a little bit to see if I liked it. im not sure now if I want to do it. thanks for all the input.

LilRoush

Reaction score
I had the Hurst T in one of my old foxes. Hated it.
Have the 'stock' T56 handle on the '98 - best I've ever had compared to the T and the various aftermarket 'ball' shift knobs I've tried out.

Addermk2

Reaction score
I always had the most comfort, and most accurate shifts with the hurst pistol grip shifter. It's also the most ergonomically and anatomically correct shifter handle. Your body naturally wants to be palms in, not palms down. However you can still shift from the top of it, like its a squared ball.

My Subaru though, has an ITR knob.

joekd

Reaction score
I have had several shift knobs from the leather frpp one to a fiesta one (which I paid way too much for and ended up breaking into multiple pieces one day while driving) and a few ball style and keep going back to the 05 style OEM knob like this, for some reason I just find it the most comfortable

FR3-12000-05AA.jpg

Goldmember

Reaction score
I'd have to agree T-handles look good but they aren't much fun to shift with. Part of it is the angle of the shifter handle for most of us puts the handle at an odd angle. The other is... metal + summer-or winter- and you'll have a bad time.

Rocking the stock knob for now, works fine for me. When I get bored I switch it out with my 8-ball.

NCMystic

Reaction score
my ex's '67 coupe mustang had a t and i haaaaated that shifter. had a hurst with the q ball in my fox and liked it but i like the stock '96 shifter as well

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I have a Roush classic in mine. Ended up going back to that after my B&M T handle got stripped... I tell you it was definitely nice going from 3rd to 4th with the T handle, and like others stated it's definitely old school, but I actually have less trouble shifting with my Roush

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online