T56 magnum shifter options

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
shoot I am just happy to be know the trans isn't the next weakest link since the magnum swap. I have not been unhappy enough to worry about it, especially since I am pretty sure I would have to drop the trans to swap them. There is no room above it that is for sure....

OP
OP

94IVGT

Reaction score
shoot I am just happy to be know the trans isn't the next weakest link since the magnum swap. I have not been unhappy enough to worry about it, especially since I am pretty sure I would have to drop the trans to swap them. There is no room above it that is for sure....
There are a few brands, hanlon motorsports, bowler, and the s1 which is almost 2 grand.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I actually forgot that I had one ordered from 3 pedals just because it was supposed to have a lower base than the stock shifter, and I was having issues with mine hitting the trans tunnel. They said it would be two weeks, and then 3 months later(after telling me 3 more times it would be 2 weeks) I cancelled the order and the one I had machined to allow for low profile screws to counter sink into the base so they were flush with the top. It gave me just enough room.

OP
OP

94IVGT

Reaction score

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
The way I see it, the T56 Magnum has internal stops and a pretty good (albeit simple) shifter out of the box. It’s not preloaded to “hit second” and won’t win you style point but it works.

Spend that money elsewhere.

OP
OP

94IVGT

Reaction score
The way I see it, the T56 Magnum has internal stops and a pretty good (albeit simple) shifter out of the box. It’s not preloaded to “hit second” and won’t win you style point but it works.

Spend that money elsewhere.
About everything is done on this car. Looking more for the preloaded to hit 3rd. But if there isn't an upgrade then I'm stuck.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
About everything is done on this car. Looking more for the preloaded to hit 3rd. But if there isn't an upgrade then I'm stuck.

Good luck! I’m partial to Bowler parts, I have their wiring for my transmission, but have no experience with their shifters.

OP
OP

94IVGT

Reaction score
Good luck! I’m partial to Bowler parts, I have their wiring for my transmission, but have no experience with their shifters.
Seems like trans fluid leaking out aftermarket shifters is very common. But hell idk if I want to be sure to bang 3rd gear and have a oil spot under car or keep my floor and underbody clean and let it ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online