t56 swap bellhousing ? 94 GT

daves94vert

Reaction score
Still gathering parts for my cobra t56 swap. I'm on the bellhousing search. Is our tranny fork at the 9 O'clock position or the 7 O'clock position. Looks like the 7 but trying to make sure. Will my stock sn fork work or do I need a fox fork? Thanks.

Kennebell 2.1

Reaction score
Fork

Do u mean clutch fork I did the t56 swap in my 98gt if u have any questions I'll see if I can help u

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
it's at the 7 oclock, I'm running a quicktime bell with mine. Stock clutch fork should work fine.

Kennebell 2.1

Reaction score
Yeah I used same bell housing works great anything u don't know u can go 2 d&d performance they specialize in the t56 swap

Suspect

Reaction score
what ryan said. also using a steel quicktime bell. stock fork with weight taken off.

OP
OP
D

daves94vert

Reaction score
Ok. Quicktime RM-8031 bellhousing(clutch fork at 7 o'clock)
03-04 cobra driveshaft with a hybrid u joint to adapt to 8.8 axle
aje trans mount
I read about a speedcal. Whats that for? speedo reading? and the reverse lockout. Where's it located and I think I'm supposed to change the spring?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ok. Quicktime RM-8031 bellhousing(clutch fork at 7 o'clock)
03-04 cobra driveshaft with a hybrid u joint to adapt to 8.8 axle
aje trans mount
I read about a speedcal. Whats that for? speedo reading? and the reverse lockout. Where's it located and I think I'm supposed to change the spring?

I also suggest a driveshaft spacer with the cobra driveshaft as it's a bit short.

the speedcal is so you can get the proper speedo reading, the newer trans use a different style reader in the trans (not a gear) and it reads WAYYY too high with our stock setup.

the reverse lockout is on the side of the trans, you can either wire it to a 12v source when you want to move it to reverse or just use a little muscle and push it past the solenoid. They also make kits to release it automatically when you're below ~3mph.

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
I used a mcloud and had to cut and reweld where the clutch fork goes since they are only set at 9oclock. Quicktime is the only bell housing that has it properly positioned for our cars.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online