taking the car to the track for the first time this friday

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
well im nervous haha no idea why haha shes pretty stock just never been with this car and i have never drag raced a auto and i have a feeling im going to look retarded trying to launch the car i have no idea how if i hold the brakes real hard and rev it will i be fine?? also the reason im going is my builder/friend has his 514ci fox done and is testing it out so i want to be there to see that... he has drag radials for me to throw on...is it worth it? any advice appreciated

Suspect

Reaction score
if its stock dont expect too much, just go out and have fun. thats what i do. post up ur #s when u go. O0

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
yeah im not looking to be fast lol i just want to get its numbers so when i start doing more mods i know what i started with but i already did some mods i have taken my 93 to the track plenty of times so i know how it works lol :banana: well kinda lol never done a auto like i said it will kinda be a learning experience haha but i will let you guys know the numbers

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
anyone want to take a shot at what she will run...its got a off road h flowmaster cat back and a c&l MAF oh incase i forgot its the 94 gt and its a auto i think it might have a shift kit it bangs into 2nd hard but i want people to guess some numbers and possibly some drag radials if they are worth anything account for that too

Bluextc

Reaction score
good luck! I'm hoping to go for the first time ever this year.
:)

Downshift

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
anyone want to take a shot at what she will run...its got a off road h flowmaster cat back and a c&l MAF oh incase i forgot its the 94 gt and its a auto i think it might have a shift kit it bangs into 2nd hard but i want people to guess some numbers and possibly some drag radials if they are worth anything account for that too

14.6? Have fun man!

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i thought bone stock they ran mid 15's :dunno: if the stuff i did slows the car down then i will sell this pile of crap

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
wow...thats discouraging :( i was hoping for low 15's maybe a high 14 if i got extremely lucky

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
blue x said:
good luck! I'm hoping to go for the first time ever this year.
:)

oh man theres nothing like your first time...its a blast and such a addrenaline rush... i couldn't hold my clutch to the floor my legs were shaking so bad haha

Downshift

Reaction score
Friend of mine ran a 14.8 or around there. It was probably 95 degrees out, his car was pinging. He had NO second gear and pretty bald tires. Cant be more then 400ft elevation. His car had equal length shorties, gutted stock mid pipe, flows, 3.73s, underdrives, half a CAI, and it was was lowered.

So im guessing since you are considering DRs around 14.6-14.8 with the mods you got :dunno: have fun man let us know how you and your buddy do.

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
yeah im going down there today to get my taillights and one of his trailers i hope i get a test spin around the block ...he said he has been running it around town some and if your rolling at like 30 and smash it ..it just incinerates the tires...but yesterday he just got his new slicks and is putting them on this morning so we will see ...

M.O.E

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
M.O.E said:
My 95 ran a 16.2 at 5500 feet.

damn a 16.2??

Yep when you're this high up it slow's anything down. That's all she had in her :nonono: After that day I went and bought my cobra!

GDawg

Reaction score
I'm running around 375hp and at this altitude I run real slow but I can't put any of my hp to the ground. Just enjoy the "high" that you get from racing and work from there. You'll never be the fastest car at the track..... unless you're "Truuble"... :pimp2:

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
well just got back today my best time was a 15.2099 in the 1/4 ...i made 7 passes and all the others were at 15.40 to 15.46 depending if i goofed up or not it was a good time....never got to use the drag radials i ran them times on street tires

94Vert

Reaction score
what was your 60' and trap, that tells the story.

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
well my 60'times were 2.2

my trap speed was 91.27

i weighed it in and it hit the scales at 3680 with me in the car :D and the motors all stock internally that i know of with a 180k so needless to say im pretty impressed with my starting point ...oh and i let the car shift itself no manual shifting ;D

NotQuik

Reaction score
good start...i did the same thing before each mod, and then before the 5 speed swap....what are you plans?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online