Tax money came ! Question about a minor detail on rims..

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Search bbs wheel failure. You'll get some surprising results.
Also look up some top brands that come stock on cars.

I'm not saying xxrs are god. They're still a cheap rep. Be careful.

But seriously, look how many people run them (especially in the mustang world, not here really but other forums they're popular). Also look how many of us run mustang reps, we don't even know who the manufacturer is! How many wheel failures do you see on here? We all run reps.

By all means, if you can afford wheels that are worth more than your car go ahead! But I think xxrs are decent especially for the price. The biggest thing I like is the sizing. They actually have fitments that fit our cars nicely! I've been looking at a ton of brands and its a headache to find the right offset.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
well to me 600-800 bucks on just rims aint cheap... but compared to 4 grand.. yea its cheap... difference ways to look at it... I love the FR500s they are my favorite but I have them on a car that doesn't move anyways and on top of it, everybody I see has them so yea going to XXRs feels nice and different to me..

410sn95

Reaction score
My friend had a brand new Audi that had a wheel split. Shut happens and sometimes it's to an expensive ass wheel sometimes a cheapo

True. I guess what we are missing here in this little FRIENDLY discussion is the all encompassing:

Cheap, Light, Durable... Choose two.

Applies to wheels very well.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I wish some companies had better sizing. I dont really care about weight on my next set of wheels.

Bleh, everything I find thats a good price, good brand and a style I like has no where near the right sizing. Makes me roid rage.

410sn95

Reaction score
Search bbs wheel failure. You'll get some surprising results.
Also look up some top brands that come stock on cars.

I'm not saying xxrs are god. They're still a cheap rep. Be careful.

But seriously, look how many people run them (especially in the mustang world, not here really but other forums they're popular). Also look how many of us run mustang reps, we don't even know who the manufacturer is! How many wheel failures do you see on here? We all run reps.

By all means, if you can afford wheels that are worth more than your car go ahead! But I think xxrs are decent especially for the price. The biggest thing I like is the sizing. They actually have fitments that fit our cars nicely! I've been looking at a ton of brands and its a headache to find the right offset.

If you look at the Mustang replicas, they are generally HEAVY as hell with a lot of metal. Duplicating factory cast wheels.

Some of these XXR replicas are trying to reproduce forged wheel designs that are very far from heavy with very little material in the hub and spoke. Just something to take into consideration.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
yea light wasn't on my list of things to look for in a rim, I just really like the style and price

410sn95

Reaction score
If I may make a suggestion...

A lot of those higher end wheels end up for sale on other forums. Look through the Drift forums classifieds or Nissan/Silvia sites. Those guys go through wheels fast. You can end up hooking up with a nice set for half or less of new. The offsets are sometimes very close to spot on. Shoots.. some of em use Mustang wheels.

Exactly how I stumbled upon my set of wheels. Even with having the rears re-barreled for the correct width and offset. I am into them less than new. A LOT less.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Some of these XXR replicas are trying to reproduce forged wheel designs that are very far from heavy with very little material in the hub and spoke. Just something to take into consideration.

some?

more like all.

Anyways, OP get whatever you like. Just make sure you get around a 25mm offset and 5x114.3 lug pattern.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Actually I've seen one!!! The guy that had the teal sn, now has the fox doing the coyote swap? I forget his whole name.

Anyways he had saleen REPLICAS!!! And he SMOKED A CURB!!!!
THEY SHATTERED!!!!
REPLICAS ARE BAD!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Actually I've seen one!!! The guy that had the teal sn, now has the fox doing the coyote swap? I forget his whole name.

Anyways he had saleen REPLICAS!!! And he SMOKED A CURB!!!!
THEY SHATTERED!!!!
REPLICAS ARE BAD!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Yeah ah he had replicas. I don't run replica wheels

OEM all the way ;) hehe Factory stamped saleen. Directly off a S281 ;)

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
I would see where [MENTION=9605]Steven[/MENTION] got his xxr's from. IIRC his dont have the mulitlug pattern and have more flush offsets

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Mine zero balanced. It means when I lined the dot of the tire up with the rim, and did a balance test and it came out perfect, no weight. Two wheels did that. The other two balanced the exact same in the same place. Had I broken the rim down and spun it a 180 out, it would've been zero balance as well. Speaks a lot to the quality of the wheel as someone who does this for a living (at the moment).

Do your due diligence about the wheel offset and lug. They make it in unilug, you just have to search. And the offset can be perfect for SN95's, if you do your homework as well. Axle width, rim width, etc all plays in. When I go IRS, the car will have a slight spoke. It's factored in to what I wanted the car to look like and what I chose to order them with in terms of offset.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Mine zero balanced. It means when I lined the dot of the tire up with the rim, and did a balance test and it came out perfect, no weight. Two wheels did that. The other two balanced the exact same in the same place. Had I broken the rim down and spun it a 180 out, it would've been zero balance as well. Speaks a lot to the quality of the wheel as someone who does this for a living (at the moment).

Do your due diligence about the wheel offset and lug. They make it in unilug, you just have to search. And the offset can be perfect for SN95's, if you do your homework as well. Axle width, rim width, etc all plays in. When I go IRS, the car will have a slight spoke. It's factored in to what I wanted the car to look like and what I chose to order them with in terms of offset.

Listen to this man ^

If your going to do it get unilug so they dont look cheap

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Whether your getting them from NLM or stang mods there going to be the same wheel. There still going to be the same Manufacturer of the wheel your just getting them from a different vendor.

The ones from stang mods are still unilug so your going to get the hate from some people who don't even know how to calculate tire sizes yet suggests what people should run.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score

Yes those will work perfectly fine

Im just saying since they do make the xxr's without the multilug it may be worth the effort to search for those. If thats not a big deal to you then those will still look great. Dont listen to me though, I dont even know how to calculate tire sizes

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dont listen to me though, I dont even know how to calculate tire sizes

Yup, me neither. My opinion in this world means nothing because I don't know tires sizes.

*sigh*

I'll just go crawl back under this rock that I came from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online