"Terminator" engine?

Dr Fildo

Reaction score
Which mustang (Cobra) is referred to as the "Terminator" and why? - Another novice question, but a guy's gotta learn.

duh09

Legend
Reaction score
03-04 Cobras ae the Terminators.

4valve motors, factory supercharged. Nice cars.

Welcome to the mustang world!

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
they also have a plaque in the core support that says treminator and the production number. sweet rides for sure

BlackCobra50

Reaction score
It was nicknamed "terminator" because it was made to terminate LS1 Camaro and Trans Am's. (From what I've read)

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
Cobra Allen could be right.

There is no tellin'. Over my years of working for Tier One OEM suppliers, names and such like that get tacked onto program or platform names like SN95, P-71 "Panther" (Crown Vic's) and things like that. One of Fords drivetrain engineers could have called the S/C Cobra motor itself the "terminator" and it just happen to stick to the car as well.

It would be an interesting study to find out though wouldn't it?? I'll have to look into that just for shits & giggles.

GT

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
i always thought it was the project/project code name like the s197 svt models were condor's .....

BlkoutGT

Reaction score
Yes it was ford's codename for the car. 03,04 Cobra= terminator and the GT500= Condor

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
" the 2003 Cobra. It was formerly referred to as the Cobra Terminator, but the Special Vehicle Team decided to drop it because it sounded too violent, and they didn't want to pay royalties to the movie franchise. "

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
GDTrumbo said:
I'm sure a full throttle 2nd and 3rd gear run in one of those is at least violent!

GT

Not really...in stock form its not all that voilent...I mean, its quick but the power is linear and the car is heavy as shit so its not like sitting in a Zr1 or something...or even a zo6

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
Hell, I thought it would be.

I'll tell ya what though. I have a friend with a white '97 Cobra that's been in 1 magazine. He has over 100K in this thing and I have seen the dyno sheet. The print-out shows 621hp/654tq at the wheels. I rode in it a few times and drove it once. It pulls SO hard. No street rubber, always has DR's on it.

GT

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
My buddy added a 2.3 Whipple to his. Now his motor is messed up!! All I know is one of his cylinders is not working!

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
GDTrumbo said:
Hell, I thought it would be.

I'll tell ya what though. I have a friend with a white '97 Cobra that's been in 1 magazine. He has over 100K in this thing and I have seen the dyno sheet. The print-out shows 621hp/654tq at the wheels. I rode in it a few times and drove it once. It pulls SO hard. No street rubber, always has DR's on it.

GT

Thats a shit load of power...I bet it pulls like a freight train

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
GDTrumbo said:
I'm sure a full throttle 2nd and 3rd gear run in one of those is at least violent!

GT

Not really...in stock form its not all that voilent...I mean, its quick but the power is linear and the car is heavy as **** so its not like sitting in a Zr1 or something...or even a zo6

+1 my first time driving one i was honestly left a lil... disappointed? Idk I kept hearing how fast they were and then it was just like that's it? At any rate though they get pretty insane without too much work done to them.

duh09

Legend
Reaction score
Modded Termis are hard to beat on the fun scale from what I hear. They're nice cars... I'd much rather have a sexy 96-98 though. Haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CBR51Stang

Members online