The 1997 V6 to Terminator swap

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
Sorted out for now. I think part of it was when the struts were tightened to the knuckle they weren’t in the same position since there’s a little play there. I got my wheelbase set and just put it where it needed to be for the wheels to be where they needed to be. I ran strings off the rear wheels to the front so I could see the distance while adjusting it. I couldn’t get it using their measuring method because I’d end up with the same result for some reason. So that’s still a mystery but it works now. I’ve got a leak at the header now so I’ll be tackling hat when I get home so I can enjoy this thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
I got my new bumper back along with mirrors, painted brace and radiator cover.
4d1e94fe98606cb71d377d50c9080f9b.jpg
b4fc0009b4c3983282d181d82029666f.jpg
12907300a95688cf308ea893ae5140b9.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got the suspension worked out.

As always, car looks sexy as hell!!!!

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
It still needs an alignment but I think I got my ride height set. My clutch cable needs some adjusting but we should be all set for the first outing of the season at a cars and coffee Sunday. Sadly not taking the car to Carlisle but I’ll be taking it to AM. Not that I didn’t like the Borla’s by any means but the bassani mid length headers and catback do sound rather nice!

7c25e36ac4c0acc3089b992a9899011a.jpg

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
04021ee84144d81ea766f7db665e2bec.jpg

Spent the day at ford nationals in Carlisle and this was my score of the day

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
So it’s always something right? I have no second gear right now. It just grinds going into gear if I’m moving or not when the clutch cable is adjusted properly. If I tighten the cable too much it can get it in gear while stationary but still not while moving. All other gears are ok though. Worked fine when I parked it last year. I’m hoping somehow it’s the clutch fork causing this and not a synchro. Going to check it out Thursday to see if I can see anything without tearing it all apart

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If it’s an adjustable aftermarket cable then it more than likely stretched. Mine did the same thing. Those cables are all garbage.

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
It’s adjustable on the end with the clutch fork. I don’t have a firewall adjuster. Not sure on the brand but it was from my donor car. It would be great if that’s all that it is! Going to take a look at it before work today

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah cheebs, I’d bet that’s it. Mine was fine then I parked it for a long time. Got back in and couldn’t hardly go in and out of gear.

When I order my t56 I’m gonna go hydraulic possibly.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Have they made any better hydraulic kits? I know back in the day they were garbage. And yes, I would definitely get a new cable. I usually recommend the kit from Maximum Motorsports. They provide a Ford cable and their adjuster, and modify the cable to fit in the adjuster like you would have to on any other adjuster. I don't have the kit, I used a Fiore I believe, but if i were buying today I would get the MM.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Have they made any better hydraulic kits? I know back in the day they were garbage. And yes, I would definitely get a new cable. I usually recommend the kit from Maximum Motorsports. They provide a Ford cable and their adjuster, and modify the cable to fit in the adjuster like you would have to on any other adjuster. I don't have the kit, I used a Fiore I believe, but if i were buying today I would get the MM.

Mcloud has a kit that’s supposed to be pretty awesome. I’ve talked to a few who have it and have loved it. It’s pricey though, around $600 if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
Mcloud has a kit that’s supposed to be pretty awesome. I’ve talked to a few who have it and have loved it. It’s pricey though, around $600 if I remember correctly.

I saw that. It is tempting but the few I saw said they don’t work with 4v because the valve cover clearance. I didn’t dig too deep so there may be a kit out there but the cable will be ordered today so it will be here when I get back from my work trip

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Good to know, I haven's looked into one in like ten years so I am sure we have made some advances haha!

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
So good and bad news. I bought the cable, quadrant and firewall adjuster from MM. It came in yesterday and I installed it right way. Initial hopes were high because the clutch felt so much better with the new cable like night and day. The bad news is I still I don't have second gear. I was able to get it to go into second once but i wasn't smooth by any means. I tried adjusting the cable just for the hell of it but no luck unfortunately

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online