The Devils Mustang Build

El_Diablo

Reaction score
Oh s***......

wow, bought this thing a year and a half ago, put maybe a total of 5k miles on it (i really need to find the title)? sad really..... and yes, its laser red.....

For me this started out as a car just to daily drive in the summer.

I bought the car in may(?) of 08. Clean 95 Gt, no rust to be seen, got it with either 87, 88 or 91k miles, i cant recall... Paid $5500, crazy right? I mean the seats are obviously crap from a fat ass driver. What the hell was i thinking? Thing is... i got a steal.

Built AODE
Full body kit minus side skirts
TONS of other mods...

Best of all.... Vortech T trim with under 3k miles. The car freakin ripped. I struggled to keep the car straight with 295's on the back. It was an animal. Running everything from a claimed 11 second vette to modded evos and all the other quick cars around here. Well, i decided to change a few things and do a tune up. Went out that night and found another 2-3psi in my modifications to the bypass valve and no more boost flutter. It was great and honestly felt like i picked up a good 40+hp. Now a few days later i decide to go to this little back stretch of concrete, full throttle all the way up to about 80mph and destroyed an alternator in the process!!! A week later, new alternator and its not looking good, the car just wont run right... take it out for a night time spin and blow the HG between the number 6 and 7 cylinders while showing head lift across the board. Throw in a set (#2) of loc wires and some fresh studs, mill the heads and call it a day.

Runs like a champ right up until the new alternator gives out again, but this time it seems like i caught it early enough and no harm done. WOOHOO!!! Looks great, lovin life and my stang, running strong as ever. A month goes by... got laid off. Go pick up my friend of the time, now girlfriend to go to lunch with her. We take the stang of course and of course we're runnin a bit late getting back to her work so im driving like a mad man... right up until i see the temp gauge starting to head to the "A". Back off but its to late, make it right by where she works but the damage has been done. Fill it up with water, cool it off and baby it home, tail between my legs.

And so it began.... It would run but not like before, it was good right up until it got up to temp and then it would just keep climbing! So on it went into winter storage right up until about February when i decide its time to pull it out and put a set of heads on it. Why not right? Picked out my gaskets after talking to my felpro rep (points me towards a nice MLS set). Decided to pick up an F cam. Pulled it apart in about 2 days and then went for the cam install. Out with the old....... FUCK!! Scored cam bearings. Not horrible but i never wanted to dig into it again so it got put on hold again.

Now this brings us to about may, time to buy some parts!!!!!! More parts on the way, and slowly worked up to pulling the motor in july. Every single journal on that crank was toasted..... Dont know how it happend but this is time for a major overhaul. To bad i lost my job... again.....

Which brings us up to not to long ago. I got a new job and ive been saving and saving for parts, not just any parts though.... Im going turbo! :headbang:

Present day, i still need to buy a few parts-
Blow off valve
Turbo
Intercooler
Flanges and tubing

Yeah, thats right, im building a kit...... or atleast part of one, haha.

Pictures of the car and the parts pile to come.... Anyone want to see over 2k of parts laying on my garage floor with another 1k on the bedroom floor? :tongue3:

Til next time guys,

-John :wave:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online