The Monkey's house build thread

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would be concerned with evacuating the steam from the shower through the electrical wiring of light myself.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would be concerned with evacuating the steam from the shower through the electrical wiring of light myself.

Many houses still have their breaker boxes on the outside of the house. They’re not weatherproof by any means. Lots of moisture makes it’s way through them all the time.

Not saying you wanna play with wires while they’re wet but obviously it’s not as big of a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PinkieT

Reaction score

I never would have put this in the shower stall It is above a soaking tub 12' away. There was no gasket between the fan intake and the bulb on the old unit anyway - all the electrical connections were exposed to all the air. It is on a GFCI circuit too.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know enough about all that stuff. But @evilcw311 is right. I have a box outside and one in my garage. Speaking of, I need to get with you, want to run the cable for my cameras before it gets too hot haha

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know enough about all that stuff. But @evilcw311 is right. I have a box outside and one in my garage. Speaking of, I need to get with you, want to run the cable for my cameras before it gets too hot haha

Hit me up anytime after this week. Finishing up URC’s Total Control 2.0 dealer training out in Vegas right now so I can start doing their big home automation stuff.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hit me up anytime after this week. Finishing up URC’s Total Control 2.0 dealer training out in Vegas right now so I can start doing their big home automation stuff.

have you not learned that what happens in vegas stays in vegas? Now you gotta go find a hooker for confession.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
have you not learned that what happens in vegas stays in vegas? Now you gotta go find a hooker for confession.

I said why I’m in Vegas. I never said what I’ve done while in Vegas. [emoji6]

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I got the storm door hung back up, which means I finally got the garage cleared out enough for this:

20190331_174854

I don’t think I ever posted a finished shot of the shed. I secured it in the ground with a few 4x4s that are cemented in and lag bolted to the platform. I put some shelving inside that makes it so I have more usable space:

20190403_164805

20190403_164844

Then here is my pull up bar. It’s a pair of 12 foot 4x4s. I bought a nice new set of post hole diggers just for this job. I got the holes deep enough that I was no longer able to remove dirt with the diggers. A little more than 3.5 feet in the ground – so I cut the bottoms off to make sure my bar was 8 foot tall exactly. Otherwise it’s just a 1 inch galvanized pipe with floor pieces on it and a pipe insulation cover thingy. Make sure if you build one that you measure the pipe, since pipe is measured from ID not OD. I ended up having to get busy with a sledge hammer to get this bad boy through the hole.

Of course when I was digging I encountered a ton of roots, so I ended up having to use my chain saw. Then I encountered roots much lower that the saw couldn’t reach. My neighbor thought to use a floor scraper all sharpened up and that did the trick. Anyhow, pics:

20190404_122108

20190408_094351

I built it sort of in line with the gate on that side. I’m hoping to go for runs around the neighborhood. I live on a loop so I’ll just do a lap, grab a few pull ups, then keep rolling. I used to be able to do 20 at a time with a weight between my legs. I can’t even do 10 right now. Time to get to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online