The New Kid

1Broderick

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just joined and figured I'd put something up here and tell a tiny bit about who I am. My name is Broderick, I'm 16 years old, I'm a college student, and I own a Rio Red 1995 Mustang GT (5-Speed).

My first car was a '02 Mustang GT (auto). It gave me all sorts of problems. It ended up costing me quite a bit in repairs just to keep it drivable. I felt like it was in the shop more than with me. I'd only had it for about two months when BAM...I hit a curb. When I hit the curb (even though I was going pretty slow) it set off the airbags. If it wasn't lowered I would've been just fine haha. But when the airbags deployed they didn't go off correctly so after that I was tired of pouring money into the car and I didn't trust it, so I sold it.

After a month or two without a car (which felt like years) I found the '95 GT I have now and the good thing was that it was a 5-Speed and I wanted to learn to drive manual. So I drove three hours with my mom to pick it up, she test drove it (because I couldn't drive stick) and then I bought it. I never was a fan of the 94-98 Mustang's curvy styling but now it's kind of grown on me.

I'm sad I lost my first Mustang in such a typical "16 Year Old Wrecks Mustang" way but I'm also glad I lost it, because now I can drive stick and it's so much more fun.

So that was my little introduction, uh...THE END

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Hey man, welcome to the forum. Its a real bummer to hear about the first mustang, but at least you got another one. I was kind of it the same boat, I bought my first mustang (2002 Gt) and it cost me all sorts of money and then through trading I ended up with my Rio Red 98 Gt.

Anyway, you'll find a lot of useful information and a lot of great people on here. Finally, where are the pics of the new ride?

OP
OP
1Broderick

1Broderick

Reaction score
Hey man, welcome to the forum. Its a real bummer to hear about the first mustang, but at least you got another one. I was kind of it the same boat, I bought my first mustang (2002 Gt) and it cost me all sorts of money and then through trading I ended up with my Rio Red 98 Gt.

Anyway, you'll find a lot of useful information and a lot of great people on here. Finally, where are the pics of the new ride?

Haha I'm still on here trying to figure it all out but I think I have a few pics I can put up here in a few minutes.

Yeah, there looks like all sorts of info on here! I'm excited, thanks for the welcome!

OP
OP
1Broderick

1Broderick

Reaction score
Nevermind, it says: "You may not post attachments"

I guess after a while somebody will change that.

lutter94

Reaction score
can't you post to an image hosing site, then dump the url's into the insert image button? Welcome btw :)

OP
OP
1Broderick

1Broderick

Reaction score
The Pics of My Car

Thanks For all the welcomes! I put the photos on Imgur then put them on here...

The '02 (My First Car)
I forgot how good that thing looked.

j0n12l8.jpg

ajIUj7e.jpg

The '95 (My Current Car)
The 94-98 style is growing on me. I hate the wheels with a passion.

4oMwv3p.jpg

ruU6z9B.jpg

xfmE2fc.jpg

OP
OP
1Broderick

1Broderick

Reaction score
Is that the rear defrost button under the headlight switch?

I'm honestly not sure what that thing is, I don't think it's a button because I can't push it (unless it's broken maybe?) It just looks like a little red light bulb but it doesn't light up. So I have no clue haha

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Holey Red interior batman! Cant say ive seen that before in an sn95.

Very nice car! Welcome! Not a fan of the wheels on it. Did you save your old wheels? If your stuck with those wheels for awhile plasti dipping them at $3 a can is a quick way to improve them temporarily.

OP
OP
1Broderick

1Broderick

Reaction score
Great looking car. A cleaning of those front seats would do wonders.

Thanks!

Yeah the seats are in good condition, just pretty dirty on the sides. Do you know of a good way I can clean them and get rid of any grease/stains? The other Mustang was leather so I haven't cleaned cloth and don't want to mess up the seats.

Holey Red interior batman! Cant say ive seen that before in an sn95.

Very nice car! Welcome! Not a fan of the wheels on it. Did you save your old wheels? If your stuck with those wheels for awhile plasti dipping them at $3 a can is a quick way to improve them temporarily.

Thank you!

No unfortunately I didn't save the wheels :(

New wheels are expensive (to me at least) and I haven't seen any used wheels that I like either.

I have been debating plasti-dipping the wheels. I'm not sure how it would look. A friend of mine just plasti-dipped his wheels and they turned out a lot better than I had expected. I just wonder if these wheels will look better or worse plasti-dipped...

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Thanks!

I have been debating plasti-dipping the wheels. I'm not sure how it would look. A friend of mine just plasti-dipped his wheels and they turned out a lot better than I had expected. I just wonder if these wheels will look better or worse plasti-dipped...

The great thing about plasti dip is it is removable! If you do not like it you can simply remove it! Some people are known to change the color of their wheels multiple times in one season. Home Depot carries it at $3 a can. I would say black would look best/black with a high gloss dip over it.

I also own a Stock 1997. On that car, the wheels were the previous owners. Plastidipped them black and it looked 1000x better. I can message you before and after pictures if your interested.

OP
OP
1Broderick

1Broderick

Reaction score
The great thing about plasti dip is it is removable! If you do not like it you can simply remove it! Some people are known to change the color of their wheels multiple times in one season. Home Depot carries it at $3 a can. I would say black would look best/black with a high gloss dip over it.

I also own a Stock 1997. On that car, the wheels were the previous owners. Plastidipped them black and it looked 1000x better. I can message you before and after pictures if your interested.

I might have to try that then!

Yeah I'd love to see the before and after pictures if possible

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online