The New Kid

sn95jones

Reaction score
Is that the rear defrost button under the headlight switch?
That would be the place for the rear defroster button if the car came with it, looks like it didn't, someone has/had an after market alarm installed on it at some point.

OP
OP
1Broderick

1Broderick

Reaction score
That would be the place for the rear defroster button if the car came with it, looks like it didn't, someone has/had an after market alarm installed on it at some point.

That would make sense, I assume it has an aftermarket alarm system because it has the stickers on the window (Python I think) but it no longer works...

sn95jones

Reaction score
That would make sense, I assume it has an aftermarket alarm system because it has the stickers on the window (Python I think) but it no longer works...
Your car may have the factory alarm system, my old 98 gt was the same way until I looked in the trunk. If you open the trunk and pull the liner back on the driver side there will be a black box, if theres anything in there you have the factory alarm. All you'd have to do is get a keyfob and program it, very easy process.
belt001mod.jpg

OP
OP
1Broderick

1Broderick

Reaction score
Your car may have the factory alarm system, my old 98 gt was the same way until I looked in the trunk. If you open the trunk and pull the liner back on the driver side there will be a black box, if theres anything in there you have the factory alarm. All you'd have to do is get a keyfob and program it, very easy process.
belt001mod.jpg

Oh okay! I'll check in the morning when it's not raining. It came with a key fob and when I press it the little green light at the top of the fob lights up but nothing happens to the car, maybe I'll just have to reprogram it like you said.

Thanks!

But actually first I'll have to figure out what's wrong with the car's interior electronics. I think it blew a fuse when a friend of mine was putting in an aftermarket radio/deck because now my clock, dome light, radio, speedo, odometer, lock buttons, and the annoying door dinger don't work anymore.

sn95jones

Reaction score
Oh okay! I'll check in the morning when it's not raining. It came with a key fob and when I press it the little green light at the top of the fob lights up but nothing happens to the car, maybe I'll just have to reprogram it like you said.

Thanks!

But actually first I'll have to figure out what's wrong with the car's interior electronics. I think it blew a fuse when a friend of mine was putting in an aftermarket radio/deck because now my clock, dome light, radio, speedo, odometer, lock buttons, and the annoying door dinger don't work anymore.
Well the keyfob you have isn't the factory keyfob. They factory keyfob looks like this
71F42qwBZVL._SX466_.jpg

sn95jones

Reaction score
Yeah that won't work with the factory anti theft system, you can pick up a factory key fob for about $15-$20

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online

No members online now.