The Ultimate "How To Remove Swirls & Scratches With a Porter Cable 7424XP" Video!!!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
good thing there is some distance then between you and his 130 lbs to protect you then huh? :)

After I threw that line out I was wondering if you would take the bait.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
good thing there is some distance then between you and his 130 lbs to protect you then huh? :)

After I threw that line out I was wondering if you would take the bait.

Yea man, shaking in my boots over here.

BYEBYE2U

Reaction score
i need to pay someone to do that to my car.after the repaint and buff it has swirls EVERYWHERE!! it drives me nuts.my buddy who painted didn't do a good job of getting them out SHHHHHHH!! i didn't say that LOL!

blackhorse

Reaction score
Thanks for the video !!! Very well explained !

It would be great a video about using the 7424XP on doors , corners , next to badges , overlapping a finished area...

The majority of buffing videos are on the hood , LOL .

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Watching this vid might be the motivation I need to pull my car out of storage. Wait I think Handz killed my buzzzzzz :)

stprorolla49

Reaction score
Great vid Greg! I've been using the M105/M05 combo for years with my PC it I'm pretty tired of the short working times of the 105. What are your honest, unbiased opinions on the V36/V38 combo compared to what I've been using in the past. I'm already a hardcore CG customer for life so you don't have to sell me on the combo unless you think it's what I'm really looking for. It looks painless to use, with no dust or mess like the Meg's combo...that would be a selling point to me. It seems I spend more time re-cleaning the crap off customers cars which I'd rather be spending elsewhere on the car.

YukMouth

Reaction score
definetly gonna need to do this... i hate seeing all of those swirls in the paint!

boston2k4

Reaction score
Great Vid much appreciated
you guys got a vid for fixing the ripples and orange peel look of a freshly painted car?

stprorolla49

Reaction score
Great Vid much appreciated
you guys got a vid for fixing the ripples and orange peel look of a freshly painted car?

you can probably find something on YouTube, but you'll need to wetsand the car, then bring back the shine with some heavy duty cutting compound, a few polishes, and an LSP. Tons of work, but TOTALLY worth the end result! I did it on my old '95 and it won't from...

This:

DSCN1232.jpg

Notice the dullish clearcoat where it almost looks dirty...

To this:

0DSCN3056.jpg

Wayyy more shine!! Good luck!

mygreengt

Legend
Reaction score
Great vid Greg! I've been using the M105/M05 combo for years with my PC it I'm pretty tired of the short working times of the 105. What are your honest, unbiased opinions on the V36/V38 combo compared to what I've been using in the past. I'm already a hardcore CG customer for life so you don't have to sell me on the combo unless you think it's what I'm really looking for. It looks painless to use, with no dust or mess like the Meg's combo...that would be a selling point to me. It seems I spend more time re-cleaning the crap off customers cars which I'd rather be spending elsewhere on the car.
i have the combo and got some good results from it! just wish it had a little more cut, but they say that the V34 has it.

stprorolla49

Reaction score
i have the combo and got some good results from it! just wish it had a little more cut, but they say that the V34 has it.

That would actually be fine, I don't really need so much cut. The V36 on an orange, and the V38 on a white, followed by EZ Creme glaze on a black, and a coat or AutoGlym or Pete's 53 and it should yield excellent results. I'm gonna give it a try and see what happens!

2v_takeover

Reaction score
That would actually be fine, I don't really need so much cut. The V36 on an orange, and the V38 on a white, followed by EZ Creme glaze on a black, and a coat or AutoGlym or Pete's 53 and it should yield excellent results. I'm gonna give it a try and see what happens!

Good luck. Post some pics of that beautiful bullitt afta!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online