The "What the +{^,£|" thread?

Thomas_W

Reaction score
I figured i would start a thread to see what other people have found from incompetent previous owners, mechanics or just a general WTF moment. This should give us all a good laugh or head bang on a desk. Lol

Here's a few ive found on my 99GT

1. I pulled the T45 trans fill plug out yesterday, i had 5 1/2 quarts of fluid come Out of the Fill port!

2. Electrical wire used to hold the parking brake cables to the LCA's instead of bolting the brackets in place

3. No seatbelts

4. Broken driver side seat track held together with electrical tape

5. Front bumper held on with two #2 sheetmetal screws

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I saw a Mustang my friend was working on a few days ago that had the front bumper held on with wood screws thru the bumper into the fender, with bondo over the heads of the screws.

When I first bought my car the previous owner had torn it down to change head gaskets. A lot of parts were missing when I got the car. I wound up finding the injector harness at my friend's house, 30 minutes away in the next state over....and every injector plug had been cut off the harness. Still no one knows what was going on there.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Fortunately I am the first owner but I have had a few WTF was Ford thinking conversations with myself over the years.

5PointSnow

Reaction score
Not something that a previous owner did but when I went to check why my fog lights didn't work I pulled them out to reveal they were both somehow half full of water. That's why they didn't work :confused1:

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
I saw a Mustang my friend was working on a few days ago that had the front bumper held on with wood screws thru the bumper into the fender, with bondo over the heads of the screws.

When I first bought my car the previous owner had torn it down to change head gaskets. A lot of parts were missing when I got the car. I wound up finding the injector harness at my friend's house, 30 minutes away in the next state over....and every injector plug had been cut off the harness. Still no one knows what was going on there.

i think you may have me beat with that one.

I absolutely despise cutting into factory harness' if its not 100% necessary.

PinkieT

Reaction score
Got my 70 'runner back from the shop after what was a carb rebuild turned out to be a total engine rebuild. New Edelbrock heads without heat crossovers. The shop decided to take care of the choke by wiring it open with a twist tie off a loaf of bread. It wasn't even tight - maybe one twist! They had to take the steering column out to made the engine R&R easier and gave the car back to me with the steering wheel upside down. I dropped by the shop one day and the hood was leaning up against the wall - the points on the windshield end were on the floor and of course they didn't touch up the paint before I got the car. Pissed me off big time!

RichV

Reaction score
My 94 was supposed to have a new/rebuilt motor.

I took the heads off for a HCI, found the PO was robbed. Someone put in a 86 5.0 longblock. They also tried using a Fox C&L power pipe which didn't fit on the SN so they used a plumbing connector to make it go. Awesome work right there...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online