Thinking of buying 1997 Cobra

wopony98

Reaction score
Stut Tower brace will set you back about 120.00 new, used you can get one under 80. It helps some but I wouldn't worry about it right now. Get the car first! :thumb:

blackfang

Reaction score
Honestly you dont really need one. However, if you show the car and originality needs to be kept, then get it.

wopony98

Reaction score
Agreed. You don't need it right now except for show purposes. It is however alot easier to work on the car without the thing on. I wouldn't put the STB on until you have done all the mods you want to the engine (Throttle Body, Cold Air Pipe, Injectors, Wiring harness, Spark Plugs, ect).

Dark-5.0

Reaction score
Thats not terrible for an almost stock cobra. I've been shopping around for one. I won't look at them unless they are around 50k or under. I have seen some with 30k go for around 12-14 and some with 12-15k miles go for closer to 15. I was almost set on one with 54k miles with some small mods for 9600 but it was too far away. I just found one only a few hours away with 51k, very very clean, black/black. Offered the guy 11k and he seemed to have bit it. He was offereing 14990. He was also interested in my car, told him I wanted around 6500 for it and he said we could work something out. Book on my car is around 5500 the last time I looked so that isn't too bad.

Jeremy

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I havent seen any 96-98 cobras around here for a while..........I guess they all have happy owners who dont want to get rid of them :dunno:, come to think of it I havent see any cobra of any year for sale recently :khobra:.

96SVTCobra

Reaction score
my friend has a white supercharged 96 with like 50k miles, but he wants 13,000 for it :rant: otherwise i'd be driving it right now instead of my slow N/A

stormsnake

Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
probably 8-10k with those miles, maybe 7, but thats doubtful. Look for signs of body work, other than that, it sounds like a beautiful car.
Dude,don't know where your at but you couldn't touch on here for less then 12 with that kind of miles. KBB don't mean crap on a nice cobra.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
stormsnake said:
94GtStAnG5o said:
probably 8-10k with those miles, maybe 7, but thats doubtful. Look for signs of body work, other than that, it sounds like a beautiful car.
Dude,don't know where your at but you couldn't touch on here for less then 12 with that kind of miles. KBB don't mean crap on a nice cobra.
thats true, i find that KBB does not mean anything when looking at a Cobra. KBB does not factor rareness or desirablness.

snoball

Reaction score
My dad paid 16k for our 96 cobra vert 3 years ago on the day before halloween, and it only had 14k on the odo. It was kept in a huge climate controlled garage on jackstands with the wheels taken off and in bubblewrap.

97_SVT_Cobra

Reaction score
I paid 10k for my 97 Rio Red Cobra coupe with 43k on the ODO. It was completely stock and garage kept. Interior and exterior are mint. 12-12.5k would be reasonable, if you can get it for 11.5k JUMP ALL OVER IT!

Wesman

Reaction score
I'd offer him like $6500-$8500 for it, depending on condition, ect. Its a 10 year old car, over 11K just doesn't seem reasonable, even with low miles. Its not like its an exotic or something.

snoball

Reaction score
jesus christ.. the amount you guys would pay for a 96-98 cobra is redicously low. Im just wondering what you'd offer for the 96-98 non pi 4.sucks

L

LR98Snake

Man I got lucky as hell. This lady wanted my 92 vert and I traded her straight across for her 98 cobra with 54k on it. I had to take up the payments. 5500 was all she owed. If you want it man just give them a good number and run it threw with the bank to make sure it's really worth the investment.

562cobra

Reaction score
you should get it. the 96-98 cobras have the sexiest body on them :behind:. love the way the hood and the front bumper looks. definitely get it i would, but instead i got something else w/ huge payments and low insurance.lol

Reaction score
Man, i got a honking good deal compared to above and mine is even a convertible. Low 25,000 when I got her. Now 27,000. Can we say brand new! :banana:

mustangcarrolltonmscd2.jpg

Danimal

Reaction score
1. A car in that condition usually goes for around 11-12k in the Midwest. I think their price is right on the money. If you don't want to pay 11.2k for the car, someone else eventually will.

2. As far as I know, 1996 was the only year that the Cobra came with an STB from the factory. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm nearly 100% sure on this one.