Thoughts on these seats?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My friend had a set of brides (real) like those in his subie, but with carbon fiber backing.

My first impression is the stitching looks really crummy in the pictures, the middle looks all wrinkled up.
Real brides are incredibly expensive.

edit: Did a google search found a couple people talking about them
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1664243

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think those look horrible. The cushion looks retarded, the back had a huge bulge, and the frame looks tacky.

I'd look for a set of Vios III's.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Your seat is probably one of the most important parts in your car. I can understand not wanting to shell out the cash but the best case scenario of cheap seats is that maybe they are not as comfortable as you would like and they wear out faster then you would like. The worst case scenario would be your in a wreck and they do not hold up the way a seat is supposed too and from there anything can happen. Don't rush in to seats, especially knock-offs. I was looking around for over a year before I found the seat/price I liked but for that price I would rather recover the stock seats.

chris91

Reaction score
Like Scott said I'd shy away from cheap knock offs. In a wreck who knows if they are going to hold up. I'm sure they don't go through the same testing the big name companies put theirs through.

TanTop94

Reaction score
I didn't shell out much money for seats, I was able to find summit ones for only $200 for two. I picked them over ebay ones simply because they had a large company name behind them and it helped me feel that I wouldnt get crushed by my own seat in a crash lol. Im sure youd be able to find some corbeau or any sort of racing seat on criagslist if you werent looking to spend to much.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Oh and my opinion on these would be no, I get alittle freaked out from ebay BRIDE seats, I can only imagine what they might do in an accident.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just because they're knockoff's doesn't make them cheap seats. They could actually turn out to be really well built seats.
I don't know anything about the company so I'm not going to make any wild assumptions that they're shitty seats, especially at $750 for the pair.

I just think you shouldn't buy them because I think they're ugly lol

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
The main reason I like these seats is because they're different than the typical Corbeau's. I like Corbeau's and all, but they're just too common and I want something a little different.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Good gravy.

Yeah that's way more than I could ever spend on seats

slow90coupe Ive been back and forth on the replica brides for a while. I wanted a set but now I'm kinda leaning away from them. I feel like the quality would be fine but I just don't think id personally feel comfortable not knowing if they were going to hold up in an accident or not. I would think the fixed back ones would be a little better as there are no moving parts or anything to fail. I agree with wanting something different without shelling out thousands of dollars though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online