time for the dyno tune or is there any other hints?

Adam95GT

Reaction score
Im going to slow down on my posts on the forum after being told i need to be more friendly and bite my tounge. However i cut my pigtail from a 98 mustang. Just take the maf to the JY and walk around and see if there is a connector that fits. Most mod motor fords should have it.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Adam95GT said:
Im going to slow down on my posts on the forum after being told i need to be more friendly and bite my tounge. However i cut my pigtail from a 98 mustang. Just take the maf to the JY and walk around and see if there is a connector that fits. Most mod motor fords should have it.
Do you have something to say about something I posted.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the hrns's is no longer a problem its already on its way.

Has anyone used the mail order SCT chip from american muscle? I like the idea of free tunes in the future if I make changes but just do not know anyone that has used it to get any info about them. Does anyone have any preferences in chips/tunes?

Adam you have been cool on my posts and have not offended me at all. Even if you had I am willing to take some shots for good info. If anyone else has any personal issues take it up in a pm, that is what they are for.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I used them its close and got my car around but you will still need a tune. Im trying the whole tune your self thing. It will take a while for you to get it two or three weeks cant remember. I stil got the sct chip if you want it.

Adam95GT

Reaction score
No
rz5.0 said:
Adam95GT said:
Do you have something to say about something I posted.

No just explaining why i hadnt posted back in awhile.

You might want to contact amazon (i know people that have used them with good results) or dirtydirty racing.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am leaning towards it and gonna make a few calls in the morning for sure. I am certainly not done adding to it so future burns for free sounds pretty good.

Adam95GT

Reaction score
id buy a quarterhorse and start learning. you can always pay someone for a .bin.

whats done to your car? I maybe able to write you a startup tune for qh.

itsblue95

Reaction score
Adam95GT said:
id buy a quarterhorse and start learning. you can always pay someone for a .bin.

how does the QH work? does it come with the computer program to write your own tunes?

Adam95GT

Reaction score
itsblue95 said:
Adam95GT said:

how does the QH work? does it come with the computer program to write your own tunes?

You can download common definition and tune files. There is free ware available but its not as functional.

I recommend:
Moates Quarterhorse $250
Innovate lc-1/db wide band $180
Clint's Binary Editor and EEC analyzer $130
DB-9/RS-232 to Usb Adapter $20
and a laptop

With that your pretty much good to go. There is a digital dashboard when the car is running to monitor hego's etc. You can data log and view them in EECA.

itsblue95

Reaction score
what all can you with this system? everything such as tuning each cylinder? or just little stuff changed timing and added or taking fuel away?

Adam95GT

Reaction score
itsblue95 said:
what all can you with this system? everything such as tuning each cylinder? or just little stuff changed timing and added or taking fuel away?

You need to do some reading.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I feel the same. I plan on buying a wideband and considered doing so with the money saved from the dyno. Where do you recomend picking up the quarterhorse?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online