time for the dyno tune or is there any other hints?

Addermk2

Reaction score
as long as you didnt spend retail on it.. then shit, i'm all for it!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
after it is all said and done and I sell the one on the car(already sold the extra polished one) it will be less the $100 shipped. I agree that the full retail price on that thing is rediculous for nothing more then a pipe but at 1/3 retail and to move the maf like I wanted, I took it. I was happy to find it on the classifieds here. my only concern is how much space there is for the maf in the fender and if the lmaf will fit. I have a degree in electronics and wiring doesn't scare me so if I can find out what to do with the wiring for it I would do it myself. Any idea what is needed?

Addermk2

Reaction score
you need the right connector... hooking it up is the easy part

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
got out of the hospital and got home to see the pipe and holy christ that is a little bigger then the one I currently have on it at 4". Happy to know that if/when I go to turbo that this should fit the bill for it....

Adam95GT

Reaction score
I used a pigtail from a 98 the wiring was the same color iirc.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
what did you do with the extra wires? Like I said I and not afraid of wiring and would solder everything correctly.

Adam95GT

Reaction score
Mine didnt have any... i think the extra wires are on the maf with the internal air temp sensor.

Adam95GT

Reaction score
DSCF0260.jpg

DSCF0273.jpg

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
after talking to some poeple that do alot in the junkyards around here they said that they have never seen a lightning in them and it would probably be better to order one. The one I ended up ordering said it was a 4 pin hrns so that should plug into our wiring right?

Adam95GT

Reaction score
ttocs said:
after talking to some poeple that do alot in the junkyards around here they said that they have never seen a lightning in them and it would probably be better to order one. The one I ended up ordering said it was a 4 pin hrns so that should plug into our wiring right?

No you need the pigtail.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well nothin on ebay, funny the hrns is almost as much as the maf but not like I have a choice... thanks for the info.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ah crap now the dyno shop doesn't have an opening for over a week. That leads me to consider ordering a chip/tune as I really can't wait that long to get the car back from my buddies. Anyone have any good/bad to say about them or have a good place to get them?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well I am over that part, its already ordered now I am just cincerned about ordering a tune.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online